Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one for the first time yesterday. Sorry, I was driving and it was raining, and it wasn't a good idea for me to try to take a pic.

I was surprise it just had normal halogen bulbs for headlights. For some reason I thought the new ones had an LED/projectors?

Anyways, figured I'd make a post because I haven't seen one on the road until now. They must be here finally.

Anyone else seeing them around?

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and PS: sorry, but no, I'm not a fan of the new ones.

2016 Camaro on the other hand....?

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I haven't seen the new Cruze on the road yet, however my local Chevy dealership has one of the new Malibus on their lot and it looks really nice! I didn't get a chance to check out the interior though as I was just driving by out of the service bay.

·
2,254 Posts
I haven't seen one yet either.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I haven't spotted any of the Cruze's yet.......I did have new generation Volt behind me a few days ago......sportin Michigan plates so I'll assume it was a Corporate fleet vehicle in Illinois for the holidays......looks good in the flesh.

My dealer has several of the new Malibu's.....I thought it was a Impala at first......the roofline and added length makes it clear it has grown.
Nicely done interior.
I looked the new 1.5t over as close as I could from above and picked up several changes......enough to make me believe this is more of a clean sheet rather than enlarged aluminum version of the current 1.4t.

First thing I noted....A conventional PCV valve, grommeted into the head.
The head itself has the exaust ports cast within.....meaning, no manifold, the turbo is attached directly to head.
This same integration has been used on the later 3.6 V-6 heads.....catalyst flanges bolt directly to each head on those.

Kind of startling to see such a physically small engine in such a large car.......same feeling I had when I ran across a Impala with a 2.5.

I'll likely drive one just to see how that powertrain works out.
Kind of interesting though.....the Malibu is the first Chevrolet that only offers turbocharged engines.....either the 1.5t or the 2.0t.

I will snag a 2.0t for a quick go around though......that is a rather hard charging little engine.

The fun of spotting new iron on the streets has never faded in me......every year, cool new stuff.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,195 Posts
I was surprise it just had normal halogen bulbs for headlights. For some reason I thought the new ones had an LED/projectors?
I think it's the RS that has the projectors. The Platinum trim might have them too.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen any, considering I live about 20 minutes from the tech center, and see GM M-plates on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
2016 Camaro on the other hand....��
The SS and V6 have received awesome reviews - the only issue is visibility (looking out from the car).

Reactions: Jukebox Juliet

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
Oh, and PS: sorry, but no, I'm not a fan of the new ones.

2016 Camaro on the other hand....

Sent with iLove 6.0

Well Hello JJ we know how much you adore the new Camaro and that you think you saw a 2016 Cruzen , But considering that Chevyguy confirms that GM has Not Delivered any New Cruzens to the Dealerships ..

I must Conclude that you are wishing for a Young Guy driving a New Camaro ...

Best Regards .........................................................................................................................................An Old Guy that Drives a New Mustang ...

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
The SS and V6 have received awesome reviews - the only issue is visibility (looking out from the car).
The only visibility issue I see with the Camaro is the one that you see from all three mirrors showing the vehicles you've left behind :grin: I have that issue with my G8 too!

Although I have not seen any 2016s driving around, I DO hope to test drive a '16 Volt while I'm in Cali later this month ... and most likely a '16 Cruze too

Reactions: Jukebox Juliet

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My buddy text me earlier and said he was behind one in Strongsville, Ohio tonight. Had manufacturer license plates on it. I wasn't aware that they were out on the roads yet. Pretty sure they just started full production!

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Hello JJ we know how much you adore the new Camaro and that you think you saw a 2016 Cruzen , But considering that Chevyguy confirms that GM has Not Delivered any New Cruzens to the Dealerships ..

I must Conclude that you are wishing for a Young Guy driving a New Camaro ...

Best Regards .........................................................................................................................................An Old Guy that Drives a New Mustang ...
Well then wtf did I see?

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just went and looked at 2016 Cruze photos and it had to have been a Cruze, I guess it could have been a Malibu but the front end on that looks wide in photos and this car seemed Cruzen size. It was black, and it didn't seem to have any chrome trim on the front, but it was raining, and I was paying more attention to the road so idk, maybe it was a 16 Malibu but it looked way too small.... I wish I would have taken a pic now!

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didn't know the new Cruze was on lots yet, but I saw a '16 Malibu on the road this week. Looks great, but I just can't get my head around all the "safety" tech.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
It was probably just an M-plate CTF (Captured Test Fleet) 2016 Cruze running around.

Car was already unveiled, so there's no need to run them around in camo anymore.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I looked the new 1.5t over as close as I could from above and picked up several changes......enough to make me believe this is more of a clean sheet rather than enlarged aluminum version of the current 1.4t.

First thing I noted....A conventional PCV valve, grommeted into the head.
The head itself has the exaust ports cast within.....meaning, no manifold, the turbo is attached directly to head.
This same integration has been used on the later 3.6 V-6 heads.....catalyst flanges bolt directly to each head on those.
That integrated exhaust manifold is suppose to help with engine warm up times, can't wait to see if this hold true. You may have also have noticed the turbo oil feed line is no longer positioned between the hot turbo and engine block, its right on top.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
That integrated exhaust manifold is suppose to help with engine warm up times, can't wait to see if this hold true. You may have also have noticed the turbo oil feed line is no longer positioned between the hot turbo and engine block, its right on top.
It helps with that, integrated EGR - and as an unrelated benefit, it costs less too.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
Sup JJ, they ain't started building 2016.5 Cruzens yet! You still have a couple months to CruzeTalk and chill yet...

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was hoping they were out by now since I planned on buying this month. We wanted a cheaper car we would drive for 3 yrs and pass it on to our son. I did seriously consider a 2016 camaro, though. I ended up getting a 2016 Cruze Limited L because I couldn't pass up the deal--12,995 brand new-dropped 4K off sticker and no rebates are even available. I had 1850 in gm card earnings and paid 11130 for a brand new car. I was worried about going to the 1.8 from my Eco turbo, but other than being a bit coarser and down a bit on torque I'm very happy. I just have to add cruise control-feels good to drive a manual again. I love this shifter.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Sup JJ, they ain't started building 2016.5 Cruzens yet! You still have a couple months to CruzeTalk and chill yet...
They definitely at least have pilots out. We parked about three or four cars down from one in the Cobo Hall garage at NAIAS today. Non M-plate to boot.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They definitely at least have pilots out. We parked about three or four cars down from one in the Cobo Hall garage at NAIAS today. Non M-plate to boot.

Come on ?? All these sightings with no photos?? I am starting to call :bs: here :(

Reactions: spaycace
1 - 20 of 28 Posts