Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a great looking car for my daughter and the tire light is on, along with Service system Message on dash.
I took to tire shop and they told me not reading the sensors, that my computer needs reprogram.
The tires are original 32K miles on them, all holding air 32-37psi.

Will the dealer be able to reset this system, I don't want her to worry about lights and messages....
The information on dash does not read any pressures, but I can get it to start the relearn process, but after 2 horn honks it will not read.

Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
2016 is a little early for dead batteries in the sensor/transmitters.
If it's merely a matter of reprogramming, anybody with the appropriate tool can put the car in learn mode and put the tool next to each sensor in turn.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Just purchased a great looking car for my daughter and the tire light is on, along with Service system Message on dash.
I took to tire shop and they told me not reading the sensors, that my computer needs reprogram.
The tires are original 32K miles on them, all holding air 32-37psi.

Will the dealer be able to reset this system, I don't want her to worry about lights and messages....
The information on dash does not read any pressures, but I can get it to start the relearn process, but after 2 horn honks it will not read.

Thanks in advance..
Welcome Aboard:welcome:

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your daughters Cruze here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the dealer fixed it.
Unfortunately the dealer costs are so high, wish it was something I could of done my self.
Both front sensors were bad, but the receiver/computer was reading the rears.
They replaced fronts and reprogrammed- all works great no lights, no messages, and all 4 tire pressures are showing.
Also- showed a recall on fuel system gas tank that they had to do- now that one I would not want to attempt.

Will have a happy daughter..

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
If the front transmitters are dead, I doubt you can get anywhere with the programming sequence.
That would explain why the tire store didn't just program them for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts