Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
On the good side, no expenses on your part if there is a leak. These engines have no formal pan 'gasket'. Just a thin bead of GMS (silicone).
As you stated, a leak is a leak, whether it makes a droplet or not, however, it is not uncommon to see 'wisping' at a seam......wisping is more along the lines of a dampish stain that dirt/debris can collect on.
I suspect your car has had this concern virtually from new but either no one picked up on it or it has reached a point that it can be noticed.

It would give your post more value if you had been given the opportunity to actually see the area in question and I would recommend you be shown the area before any service takes place next week........this way, if there is a leak that requires resealing you can monitor the area to be certain the problem is resolved.

IMO, the service manager is speaking from her rectum.......the mechanic determines if the concern should be addressed.
If you don't agree with how this is resolved, just go to a different dealer.

I look forward to the rest of the story.

Good Luck!
Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.