Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, that one has an even wider grill and is much uglier than the US version shown.
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Leaked
My bad, seems like there are too many versions of the car floating around. I really do not like the look of the 16, also has the vague shape of a prius to me.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
2nd Gen Cruze = 9th Gen Civic (almost). What was GM thinking? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

That's a bit unfair. The 2nd Gen Cruze shape is most likely a function of passing the small offset crash test, something the first Gen Cruze didn't do. That's what makes it look so much like a 9th Gen Civic, which does.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't understand why all these writers say the current style is outdated. I guess I am getting old or something but I think the current style is original and looks good coming down the street.

I don't think the current style is outdated at all and I think they could of just gotten by with some tweaking instead of this design. This design just looks like every other car on the road IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
That's a big NOPE for me. The beginning of the end has begun.
I gotta get me a 2014 soon before they all get taken.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
The 1st gen Cruze is it's own unique thing, the 2nd gen is a Civic/Sonic/Prius/Corolla thing... fine enough and not a bad looking car IMO but it'll get lost in the pack for sure. It better have something special to offer under the hood to make up for that.

2012/13 Civic is the same car, but Honda decided to invest in bolstering the refreshed '13 w/ their ACE II steel, which coincidentally is when IIHS started the small overlap test. Engineers must've known the 2012 wasn't up to the task by virtue of wedge shape alone. Convenient for Honda that the '12 was a dud so they could refresh just in the nick of time.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts