Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my dealer poke around today and they were able to find a fog light kit for the 2016 cruze. Complete with wiring, new switch, bezels etc..

Part# 13434724

He is doing a little more research to confirm it is correct, however it did come up tied to my VIN #

Best regards,

Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it was listing for around 225.....

If you punch the part number in to google, you will see several places listing the price....gmpartsdirect etc... They have install time booked at 1.5 hours. I am definitely going to get it done. I will probably get it for around 180 or so...It will look amazing on my summit white LT.

Jason

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the dealer doesn't charge too much for the install I'd be interested in doing this as well. It's the one option I wish my new Cruze had come with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm wishing they would release cruise control and steering wheel radio controls for the base cruzes. I didn't think I would mind them but the more I don't have it the more I want it lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you know if this is for the non-RS trims? I would assume so, as RS models typically come with them regardless, and they use a different style.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys, the info that I have so far is that it will be available in 6 weeks or so. As for if its available for a non-RS, I do believe so, its just some wiring, a new switch inside the car. The openings are already there to accept fog lights. When I go in for my first oil change, I will inquire again.

Jason

·
Registered
294 Posts
I did some digging and the fog light kit for the gen 2 has a couple superseded part numbers the latest and greatest is 39081578 the list price is still $225.00 for the part i believe the BCM will need reprogrammed to control them "ship direct part available from vendor" is what GM says for availability I just ordered one I will see if the order goes through Monday.

Update: the order went through now i wait for the vendor to ship could be a week.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I got an answer back from the vendor today my order was deleted and for the reason it stated "future part not available for customer orders yet"
so it looks like we have to wait even longer:angry:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm glad that it's at least starting to show up in systems, hopefully we don't have to wait much longer. It's the only thing that feels incomplete with my car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
@Greggul8r, did you have any luck yet in getting a kit?
I have had no luck at all i just called for an update there is no ETA for customer pay they are being reserved for warranty vehicles only. they originally said customer satisfaction but changed it to "warranty" when i said this customer will be satisfied if i get fog lights.;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is interesting. I ordered mine last Saturday. Called today for an update. I was told the shipment is in progress and that if his computer did not reject it right away, it is a legit order. I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I stopped at a dealer I'm a fan of on the way home, gave him the part number listed in this thread and his supplier displayed a message on the order screen saying 0 inventories, will be replenished in Q4. So that's promising. Chevy.com trolls us on the 2017 Cruze accessory page with a picture of one with all the addon items, including fog lights, but doesn't have them as an option. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
@6Speed2016LT, did you ever receive your kit? If not, can you let us know which site you used? Thinking about giving one a try, but don't want to waste my time if not. Crossing fingers you got it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did my monthly check in at a few dealers and nothing has shown up yet in their systems... the part number mentioned in this thread continues to show as "future part". Pretty discouraging news, I should of opted for the RS trim. Feel like the dealer I bought it from duped me as they said this part would be available before the end of the summer. I know it's out there too... I see cars from Brazil, EU, etc with them installed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts