Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I have a Gen 1 cruze that I purchased new in 2016... just lately, something started rolling around in the dash and it is driving me insane! It rolls when I hit the gas, the brake, and make turns! honestly, It sounds like an airsoft pellet rolling around. and sometimes it must fall in a crack and I wont hear it for a while... anyone have an issue with this>

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
ok, I have a Gen 1 cruze that I purchased new in 2016... just lately, something started rolling around in the dash and it is driving me insane! It rolls when I hit the gas, the brake, and make turns! honestly, It sounds like an airsoft pellet rolling around. and sometimes it must fall in a crack and I wont hear it for a while... anyone have an issue with this>
These are the type of things that can drive you nuts! I followed a screw or piece of something in my Brand New Subaru for a year and then one day it found a permanent place. People swear by them, I swore at it. Have you tried blowing it out with a high pressure air hose, that could work. My 2014 is amazingly rattle free although nosier than the day it was new

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you look in the door pockets before you rip the dash apart.
oh, I have... I can clearly tell it is coming from behind the radio...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the type of things that can drive you nuts! I followed a screw or piece of something in my Brand New Subaru for a year and then one day it found a permanent place. People swear by them, I swore at it. Have you tried blowing it out with a high pressure air hose, that could work. My 2014 is amazingly rattle free although nosier than the day it was new
no I haven't.. never thought of taking the air compressor to it... I think that will be tomorrow's task! thanks for the idea...

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
oh, I have... I can clearly tell it is coming from behind the radio...
I'd clean out and remove the glove compartment. You have to remove it to get to the cabin air filter. Come to think if it, it might not be a bad idea to change that - or at least pull it out. Others have reporting finding leaf litter on their filter. Who knows, maybe you've got something else on top of it.

Depending on what model car, you may have a compartment in the dash just above the radio. For cars with the 9 speaker sound system, it's the center speaker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd clean out and remove the glove compartment. You have to remove it to get to the cabin air filter. Come to think if it, it might not be a bad idea to change that - or at least pull it out. Others have reporting finding leaf litter on their filter. Who knows, maybe you've got something else on top of it.

Depending on what model car, you may have a compartment in the dash just above the radio. For cars with the 9 speaker sound system, it's the center speaker.
well, I think I found culprit... i took out the radio, and heater controls and found a blue wire harness lock laying in a cavity behind the heater controls. I did check the cabin filter, and it looked like crap.... and yes, there were a few small leaves in there... so I cleaning out the box and replaced the filter. and while I had the dash apart, I took the air compressor to it as well.... so hopefully there will be no more noises tonight! (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
1 Posts
on my car it was making that sound like something in the dash . took me a while to figure out it was the visor . in certain positions it would make noise .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts