Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, brand new to the Cruze Talk forum, and new to working on cars in general. I have a 2016 Holden Cruze with the 1.8L F18D4 engine. A couple weeks ago I took it to a mechanic due to a check engine light (not sure of the DTC) and they replaced the coil pack and spark plugs, it seemed to be running great after that, until the light come on again this week. I'm trying to learn and do what I can myself, rather than running straight back to the mechanic.

P0011 is the only code set, I have done the following:
  • Check oil level
  • Visually Inspect Camshaft position sensors
  • Inspect and clean intake camshaft solenoid
  • Test intake camshaft solenoid
When testing the intake camshaft solenoid, I found it was slugish at first, after some cleaning and test cycles it freed up, however I still don't think its running how it should. In a video on how to clean it, the solenoid looked to move faster and make a more solid sound, mine is moving but its almost like its slightly sticky and making a much softer sound.

After testing and cleaning the intake camshaft solenoid I put it back in and took it for a 15min test drive. The engine sounded good, and so was the performance. After returning I checked the OBD2, and P0011 was pending again.

Should I just replace the intake camshaft solenoid - or take it back to the mechanic for a proper look-over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Took it to the mechanic and they changed the solenoids. However the P0011 code came back. They're not entirely sure what the exact issue is, and have said they'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,767 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Holden Cruze, JH - Z series, 1.8L F18D4 4cyl 4dr Sedan
10 Posts
Update: Took it to the mechanic and they changed the solenoids. However the P0011 code came back. They're not entirely sure what the exact issue is, and have said they'll look into it.
Hi .

Did you get a result on this and work out what the issue is?

Trying to solve a P0011 error myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts