Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this started a few weeks ago. While driving my left headlight (seemingly randomly) just cuts out completely. Then it'll turn back on, then off, then on.

The intervals when it does it is not consistent, not is anything else I'm doing while driving. For example the other day it turned off and on once or twice in a 30 min time span. Today while driving for five minutes it turned off and on maybe 10 times.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure where to even start, but it seems from what I have read to be electrical and not just a bad bulb.

Car has 65k miles and upgraded headlights two years ago when I bought it with the ultra bright zxe headlights

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd swap the bulbs driver to passenger and see if the problem stays or follows. Could be the filament broke and randomly loses connection within the bulb, from bumps or vibrations, or an intermittent connections issue in the wiring harness or connector. You could also turn the lights on and try wiggling and manipulating the wiring harness to see if it effects the bulb.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd swap the bulbs driver to passenger and see if the problem stays or follows. Could be the filament broke and randomly loses connection within the bulb, from bumps or vibrations, or an intermittent connections issue in the wiring harness or connector. You could also turn the lights on and try wiggling and manipulating the wiring harness to see if it effects the bulb.
Thank you! I will try this first! Free option is always the best.

·
Premium Member
7,900 Posts
When it acts up what happens when you switch to high beam? Another poster found a problem with the ground on his headlight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it acts up what happens when you switch to high beam? Another poster found a problem with the ground on his headlight.
I tried this last night, high beams worked no problem. I also noticed yesterday it was not only the left but right one does it as well, just not at the same time. How can I tell if it is the ground wire?

·
Registered
308 Posts
They'll be bright for you but blinding for everyone else. Probably won't last as long either.
If he got cheap Chinese junk from Amazon then yes. If he did proper research and bought quality ones then no

·
Registered
308 Posts
Did you even watch the video? If you did you would know you're incorrect. Properly designed bulbs will not cause glare and blind others

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you even watch the video? If you did you would know you're incorrect. Properly designed bulbs will not cause glare and blind others
Post up a link to the correct led bulbs for the cruze. The only led bulbs that would work in the factory halogen housing would be ones with the same output as the factory halogens. You have some wiggle room going slightly brighter, but not much.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Post up a link to the correct led bulbs for the cruze. The only led bulbs that would work in the factory halogen housing would be ones with the same output as the factory halogens. You have some wiggle room going slightly brighter, but not much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze with stock halogens that I just upgraded to the S-V.4 V. 4 H13. They are almost twice as bright as the stock halogens, with the same beam pattern. I’m super impressed with their brightness and color. They look ultra white, and no hint of blue as far as I can tell. The shoulders of the road are lit up twice as much as before too. The fans are pretty quiet (though you could hear them without the car’s engine running if you were standing right next to them). Even in pouring rain conditions, fog, and snow, these things give me almost twice the visibility I had before. Not to mention it makes my car look awesome. They are well worth the money.

If you’re looking to buy, buy from Headlight Revolution. They’re customer service is unmatched. Every question I’ve had, they’ve responded in minutes. And no, I’m not sponsored or compensated, etc. They’re good customer service deserves a good review. Thanks!

Look at all of the glare above the hot spots hahaha. The garage door shots show there is way too much light being scattered in every direction. I hope the driving shots are with the high beams on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It has less to do with brightness and more to do with chip location. Again did you watch the video?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you

Look at all of the glare above the hot spots hahaha. The garage door shots show there is way too much light being scattered in every direction. I hope the driving shots are with the high beams on.
If you just throw them in and walk away, yes they could be blinding, you have to adjust them properly through the aiming screw on the headlights and set screw on the bulbs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It has less to do with brightness and more to do with chip location. Again did you watch the video?
It has everything to do with the brightness. Its obvious with the photos I posted and you ignored that the factory halogen housings cannot properly distribute the increased lumens from the led drop ins, as expected. You can watch any video you want, its not going to change the light going into oncoming traffic's eyes or glaring into the interior of the traffic in front of you. The photos speak for themselves, directly from the site you claimed having the "proper bulbs"

If you just throw them in and walk away, yes they could be blinding, you have to adjust them properly through the aiming screw on the headlights and set screw on the bulbs.
No, adjusting them will do nothing unless you point them so far down they offer no benefit over stock and pose a safety hazard for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So far no issues with LEDs, fixed the turning off issues and the cutoff is same as factory. I personally don't think they are much brighter than halogen, but definitely whiter. However the brights do feel much brighter which is nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts