Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 LS with 500 miles is now occasionally making a metallic rattling sound when I accelerate. There is substantial throttle hesitation when this happens. I took it to the dealer for a recall fix on the battery today and mentioned it to a service advisor. He told me everything was fine because it passed a multi-point inspection. I'm trying to record the sound with my iPhone but no luck just yet. Any advice? Thank you.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
You're going to need to be able to duplicate or clearly record the sound. Otherwise no mechanic will have a clue as to where to start.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
A 'Multi-Point Inspection' is just that........it does not imply that a rattle will be diagnosed.

You are hearing a rattle or something vibrating while accelerating......that is what the car should be dropped off for......ideally, you should be able to reproduce it while taking a mechanic for a road test......a recording of a noise will not help beyond proving it makes a noise.
It does not take into account throttle position, what area of the car does the sound come from, etcetera.

If the mechanic has to try to reproduce a rattle during a road test, he/she likely drives differently than you and if the sound cannot be reproduced within a five minute road test the car will have no further diagnosis.

Bottom line.....dropping off for a rattle at times, without the car operator reproducing the sound for the tech. is time wasted by both parties.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts