Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of posts on this forum about this, thought not much for Gen 2.
I took the car to the dealer - they found a badly aligned rear driver-side door. There is less noise now, but I have another appointment Monday to make it as noiseless as the passenger side.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Have them check the positioning of the weather strips between the front and rear doors. Specifically the leading strip on the rear door. If it's not seated properly you'll get wind noise.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
The top few inches of the weatherstripping between the front and rear door are not touching.
Compare this to the passenger side. If they're different you found the problem. Point this out to your service advisor so they can replace the weather stripping with the correct length.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer determined the driver door needs adjustment. Told me to take it to a dealer that also has a body shop.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
The dealer determined the driver door needs adjustment. Told me to take it to a dealer that also has a body shop.
Did they give you a name of one? If not PM our Chevy Customer Care account with your information and ask them to find you one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The same dealer has another location in town with a body shop.
I have an appointment for January 10. The evaluator looked at the weather stripping, then took pictures of the gaps between the doors as well as gaps between the doors and the car body. He seemed to think the rear door needs to move forward some.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
The same dealer has another location in town with a body shop.
I have an appointment for January 10. The evaluator looked at the weather stripping, then took pictures of the gaps between the doors as well as gaps between the doors and the car body. He seemed to think the rear door needs to move forward some.
Hi there stoenjes,

We're sorry about the wind noise you're experiencing with your Cruze, but we're glad to hear your dealership is working to resolve this for you. If you would like an additional layer of support as you work alongside them, we would be happy to help. If that is of interest, feel free to send us a private message to get started.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Chevy dealer body shop had it for three days (said they were busy the first 2 days). They said they moved the latch point inward on the driver door, and it looks like they bent the top of the driver door inward. I did not receive any paperwork - quite strange.
The top few inches of the weatherstripping between the front and rear door now appear to touch.
There is still wind noise, but less high pitched.
I am taking it back to the dealer to complain again, and for a recall notice Wednesday (high rear brake light leak).

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I still need to get my front driver's side wind noise addressed too, along with the wind noise that catches my ear from my back passenger window. After a year of ownership, the wind noise along with the other issues that seem to pop up every several weeks are starting to take its toll on me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer took care of the Center high mounted stop lamp issue (and replaced a number of electrical components).
They also determined the wind noise is from bad side window seals. Suspect there were/are multiple wind noise issues. Replacement seals should here in about a week. I am starting to know the service technicians on a first name basis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealership replaced the side window seals. No more wind noise.
I believe I had two wind noise issues:
- front door did not meet the back door properly
- window seals
All is quiet now, after five service trips.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you have to "fight" the service department at all? Or were they pretty quick/willing to do everything to fix your problem?

I'm having wind noise issues on my 2016 as well, but after acknowledging the noise and changing the door seals, now the dealership is saying that the noise is normal. The service advisor claims he took one of the cars off the lot to compare and that my wind noise is normal. But I just test drove one tonight from the same dealership, and it's definitely not normal, not even close.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Did you have to "fight" the service department at all? Or were they pretty quick/willing to do everything to fix your problem?

I'm having wind noise issues on my 2016 as well, but after acknowledging the noise and changing the door seals, now the dealership is saying that the noise is normal. The service advisor claims he took one of the cars off the lot to compare and that my wind noise is normal. But I just test drove one tonight from the same dealership, and it's definitely not normal, not even close.
Hello jsnowbordr47,

We understand why this is frustrating for you and do genuinely apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced with your Cruze. If you’d like, our team would be glad to contact the involved dealership to further investigate this situation. We’re available via private message and will need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealer name to get things started. I hope to hear from you soon.

To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have not had to fight the service department very much. Their effectiveness seems to depend on their personal experience more than Chevy training or service bulletins.

Looks like was too quick in saying the wind noise was fixed. I still have a lot of noise at > 60mph (I usually just drive in town). I have 'Chevy service fatigue' right now. I plan trying to pinpoint the issue myself before taking it back in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts