Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and am currently looking to buy a cruz mainly as a vehicle to get back and forth to work. looking at a new 17 LS, and a 16 LT. What I want to ask is the reliability on these vehivles and what to expect out of them . Negatives and Positives. Thanks for any help, much appreciated

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The 2017 and 2016.5 is the second generation Cruze. They've been out for maybe 6 months now. Not a lot of real-world data.

Now, if you were looking for a 2011-2015/2016 Limited, we know quite a bit about their weak points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just looking for the all around reliability of these cars. Has there been any main issues you can share if any.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The Gen1 had a number of issues regarding coolant leaks. I think they've been largely resolved. I don't know of any Gen2 issues. Then again, all of them are still under the B2B warranty.

I'd say the biggest thing is to use a good full-synthetic oil and be religious about the oil changes. I don't think turbo cars can handle oil abuse like the old naturally aspirated engines could.

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
By the time the 2015/2016 Limited Gen 1 models rolled off the assembly line Chevy had pretty much worked out all the kinks. The Gen 2s are still new enough we don't know yet.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I had a 14 LT with manual, no problems at all thru 35000 miles. My new 16 LT with Auto (new body style) has 4500 miles with no issues yet. But they always say stay away from the first year of a new body style. But it did rate well in Consumer Reports (which is highly unusual). My thought is it comes with a warranty, I should be ok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts