Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017’s Top 10 Best Cars in Every Category: Consumer Reports

<center><span lang="EN-US"></span></center>

<span lang="EN-US">Consumer Reports has revealed its list of the top 10 best cars of 2017.

To be a Top Pick, a model has to have an exemplary Overall Score in its category. That score comes from Consumer Reportsfour key pillars: road-test performance, predicted reliability, owner satisfaction and safety. Each car is also road tested and rated based on over 50 evaluations done at the publication’s 327-acre Auto Test Center, ranging from instrumented track tests to assessments of comfort and convenience while in daily use by Consumer Reports‘ staff.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about 2017's Top 10 Best Cars at AutoGuide.com.</span>

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,330 Posts
Gasp! A Cruze!

I've seen lots of reviewers give these a pretty solid rating, but then say they suck at handling. That's really not the point of a compact car, is it?

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Never believe anything Consumer Reports writes. Absolute birdcage lining. The original fake news.

Reactions: Merc6 and sparkman

·
2,254 Posts
Never believe anything Consumer Reports writes. Absolute birdcage lining. The original fake news.
I have a buddy who swears by it. Drives me nuts, the Suburban has a predicted reliability of terrible, and we have yet to see any come in. Lmao

Yet the Cruze has a excellent reliability rating considering its first year with the new design..

and yet were dealing with water leaks, cracked pistons, oil pans leaking, etc. lol

·
17,330 Posts
I have a buddy who swears by it. Drives me nuts, the Suburban has a predicted reliability of terrible, and we have yet to see any come in. Lmao

Yet the Cruze has a excellent reliability rating considering its first year with the new design..

and yet were dealing with water leaks, cracked pistons, oil pans leaking, etc. lol
Wait, people can actually still afford Suburbans?

·
Administrator
15,743 Posts
Gasp! A Cruze!

I've seen lots of reviewers give these a pretty solid rating, but then say they suck at handling. That's really not the point of a compact car, is it?
I might know a guy who could help with that bit...

·
17,330 Posts
I might know a guy who could help with that bit...
Lmao. Mine handles pretty well. Those reviews are mostly for the LT, and I'd have to agree - they ride very well, but it's mushy in the turns. The little 18" sidewalls and Z link help it out a lot. The steering is completely and totally numb, though.

·
2,170 Posts
I agree with their decision to make the Miata the best sports car. :D However the Ridgeline should not be listed as best truck, it's not even a truck at all, it's more like a Ute or an ugly, tall el-camino.

·
2,254 Posts
Wait, people can actually still afford Suburbans?
Joke all ya want hahaha, they sell like hotcakes here. Don't know where people get the money either.

Three months ago we had a 22 year old kid come in and pay cash for a 2017 Tahoe Premier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts