Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2017 1.4L rough idle, surging idle, dies at stops

446 2
My car has recently started to drop and surge during idle. Sometimes it dies when I stop, but I'm not noticing much of a power loss during regular driving. I'm almost certain it's the idle air control, but don't wanna just assume. There is a check engine light, and the code is P1101. I've checked and cleaned the MAF sensor, and it didn't help. I tried to reset the control valve and that didn't help either. What else could be the issue that I'm overlooking? Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to you, first of all what kind of filter do you use? Original or more K&N? The MAS is very difficult to clean due to the heating wires which, if found, even a sensor cleaner very rarely succeeds. give me the info and I'll get back to you thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello to you, first of all what kind of filter do you use? Original or more K&N? The MAS is very difficult to clean due to the heating wires which, if found, even a sensor cleaner very rarely succeeds. give me the info and I'll get back to you thank you!
Appreciate the response! I have an AC Delco filter on it atm. I started having these issues after I replaced my engine and cabin air filters. Could that be the problem? I am also going to try my hand at cleaning the MAF again. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts