Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,002 Posts
Huh. Interesting that they will offer a leather package on this "LT", yet don't spec the whole thing out in Premier trim like they do the gas ones.

Part of me wonders if that's for the extra MPG they seem to get from the smaller tires, without Z Link, and unsprung weight at the corners.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,808 Posts
Huh. Interesting that they will offer a leather package on this "LT", yet don't spec the whole thing out in Premier trim like they do the gas ones.

Part of me wonders if that's for the extra MPG they seem to get from the smaller tires, without Z Link, and unsprung weight at the corners.
Could be possible, though I expect them to open the engine up to all trim levels (which is what they have said they plan to) for 2018.

So it looks like it's about a $3k price premium for the Diesel, when compared to an LT Manual with the Convenience Package.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So, is the CTD going to be a 2017 model or a 2018 like the Equinox. Legally, they can call anything a 2018 after Jan 1 2017.

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
So, is the CTD going to be a 2017 model or a 2018 like the Equinox. Legally, they can call anything a 2018 after Jan 1 2017.
They're starting with a late MY17, only on the LT sedan. For MY18, they're expanding it out to other trim levels, as well as the hatch.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

Your probably right, my guess is they are trying to squeak out over 50 mpg to get big promotion out of that. Assume z link does help with ride comfort though

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
Your probably right, my guess is they are trying to squeak out over 50 mpg to get big promotion out of that. Assume z link does help with ride comfort though
Yep, less rear end shimmy over bumps. Definite improvement to handling, as well. But certainly extra weight.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So can I get Apple Play with a manual and leather seats? I don't want a sunroof. I would rather have a hatch but there are three problems with that: the first is an unknown price premium , the second is the later issue date, the third is that it is made in Mexico. I'm trying not to be hypocritical when I criticize Ford for moving Cmax and Focus production there.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Okay I'll wait for somebody to review it but I'll probably be dealing by May. Now to go and look at what colors they have available. I'm hoping for a good red or blue, getting tired of white.
I do wish that I could get the better sound system without having to get a potentially glitch prone automatic tranny and an eventually leaking sun roof.

·
17,002 Posts
Okay I'll wait for somebody to review it but I'll probably be dealing by May. Now to go and look at what colors they have available. I'm hoping for a good red or blue, getting tired of white.
Kinetic blue is pretty snazzy (see the 2nd gen at the top of the CT page header). There's an almost maroon and your former "red hot" (1st gen at top of page) color from the first gen too.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My former college colors were maroon and white but that would depend on the colors of the interior. Not a fan of that bright orangey red that some of the old Chevys had. Electric Blue would look like my late middle aged crazy but on the other had if it would make the neighbors talk that could be good also.

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
I do wish that I could get the better sound system without having to get a potentially glitch prone automatic tranny and an eventually leaking sun roof.
I agree on the sunroof business. No idea why GM pairs it with Bose.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Do I understand correctly that there is no factory nav with diesel?

·
17,002 Posts
Do I understand correctly that there is no factory nav with diesel?
I believe that's only Premier trim, so probably.

There is, however, CarPlay/Android Auto, which displays your phone's map application on the big touchscreen.

One of the very cool things that struck me in the LT loaners. Very helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts

There is, however, CarPlay/Android Auto, which displays your phone's map application on the big touchscreen.

Yep, pretty much alleviates the need to pay extra for instantly-outdated navigation. I didn't figure out how to use it during our time with the Volt, unfortunately.

·
17,002 Posts
Yep, pretty much alleviates the need to pay extra for instantly-outdated navigation. I didn't figure out how to use it during our time with the Volt, unfortunately.
Supposedly with the built-in LTE, they push out updates to the MyLink and nav system directly to the car. So no SD card to store maps and stuff on that needs to be updated.

The navigation system is actually quite good, but I use the iPhone one on occasion too. If your phone is plugged in, you can just say "Take me to..." and it'll find it and pop up on the screen. Hopefully the same experience with Android.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

My Apple navigation works pretty darn well, I wonder if factory navigation may eventually just go away. If with gen 2 my apple maps shows up on screen, not sure why I would pay for factory navigation?

·
17,002 Posts
My Apple navigation works pretty darn well, I wonder if factory navigation may eventually just go away. If with gen 2 my apple maps shows up on screen, not sure why I would pay for factory navigation?
The rare times you may be out of cell service, I suppose. But you could just carry a GPS for that.

I went camping/hiking a few times in WV this summer. There is NO cell service at all for hours. Not even a single bar.

As I recall, factory nav is standard on the Premier trim anyway. Not really an "option" per se.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts