Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? It only really happens when i'm being really hard on it but itll grind and you cant put it in gear until the revs come down. I can force it in but that definitely doesn't sound good lol. I'm thinking its a syncro defect. I don't do it very often but originally though I just wasn't pressing the clutch in enough. I confirmed last night it happens every time I'm hard on it. I'll bring it up with the dealer at my next service. Something tells me they arnt going to care until it becomes a bigger issue. I guess I have 6 years left to destroy it before my warranty runs out...

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I'll second the switching to Amsoil Synchromesh. It all but eliminated the 1->2 grind in my ECO MT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How come there is no fix from gm? Do people just not complain enough during their warranty for them to care about a fix? I'm gonna push for a new tranny when my warranty is almost out.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Why not double clutch and rev match? With the gearshift in neutral and the clutch engaged, rev the engine to where it would match RPMs shifting into 2nd gear. Then, disengage the clutch and quickly put the gear shift into 2nd gear, then engage the clutch again.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I have also changed to Amsoil synchromesh which did help with second gear. I have also noticed some lag in the drive by wire throttle setup. I now find myself going through the shift process more sequentially which really helps. It gives the throttle body a little extra time to back off before you go to change gears.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Why not double clutch and rev match? With the gearshift in neutral and the clutch engaged, rev the engine to where it would match RPMs shifting into 2nd gear. Then, disengage the clutch and quickly put the gear shift into 2nd gear, then engage the clutch again.
This particular shift doesn't matter. If you're accelerating hard in 1st and put the clutch in anywhere above 4500 RPM you can let the RPMs drop all the way to idle before moving the shift lever and the gear will still grind.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,537 Posts
RPMs take 40 minutes to fall when you clutch in from the stupid rev hang, which makes double-clutching for the HUGE gap between 1-2 almost impossible if you're running out 1st in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts