Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching thru about a dozen pages with the search bar, I give up.

I need the pinout diagram for the bcm on my 17 base model 6 speed.

After the install of a rostra cruise control module (how ironic that a cruze doesn't have cruise) the left rear turn signal does not flash and on dash it goes into hyper flash. Bulb is fine and if I uninstall the cruise module (just unplugging the 4 connectors that go to the module) the bulb still doesn't flash and it goes into reduced engine power due to codes pertaining to the throttle pedal assem (the cruise module has an in line connector that piggybacks from the wiring from the pedal)

According to the instructions via rostra, I only had to tap into 2 wires in the car. The red wire from the ignition switch, and the #11 position grey/yellow wire in the black connector at the bcm. I'd like to get a wiring diagram for the bcm so I can check what wire that is and if maybe somehow I pulled a wire out accidentally.

I called rostra first but they're closed on Sunday of course.

· Registered
2 Posts
hello, did u get your rostra cruise control to work? I'm having similar prob. Esp with locating the yellow/blue( ignition switch)wire that the red wire attaches to. I can't get the shroud off. Looking for a schematic to see where this yel/blu wire ends up but no luck in search. Eric

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello, did u get your rostra cruise control to work? I'm having similar prob. Esp with locating the yellow/blue( ignition switch)wire that the red wire attaches to. I can't get the shroud off. Looking for a schematic to see where this yel/blu wire ends up but no luck in search. Eric
I went to Alldatas website and paid for a month of their service just to find a wiring diagram. Iirc the wire you need is on the black plug of the bcm and I believe it's actually the purple wire that Costa told me to use when I called. Unclip the clip that holds the wires in, then pull from the back to get the wire out for easier access. SOLDER the wire, don't use a wire connector.

Take a picture of the back of the connector so you remember which hole the wire goes back into. I messed that up and it took me a while to figure it out.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,161 Posts
I went to Alldatas website and paid for a month of their service just to find a wiring diagram. Iirc the wire you need is on the black plug of the bcm and I believe it's actually the purple wire that Costa told me to use when I called. Unclip the clip that holds the wires in, then pull from the back to get the wire out for easier access. SOLDER the wire, don't use a wire connector.

Take a picture of the back of the connector so you remember which hole the wire goes back into. I messed that up and it took me a while to figure it out.
Since you are so disappointed in the response from the forum, how about making it better by creating a How-To: for installing the Cruise control in a Gen II? I mean it took you two months plus to answer cptnmrgn667. We are all busy and no one gets paid to help.

How-To: Write a Tutorial

These are all Gen I links, but they may give you some ideas or reminders for the tutorial.

Adding Cruise Control
Rostra CC manual
Rostra Cruise Control for the Cruze

· Administrator
14,161 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you are so disappointed in the response from the forum, how about making it better by creating a How-To: for installing the Cruise control in a Gen II? I mean it took you two months plus to answer cptnmrgn667. We are all busy and no one gets paid to help.

How-To: Write a Tutorial

These are all Gen I links, but they may give you some ideas or reminders for the tutorial.

Adding Cruise Control
Rostra CC manual
Rostra Cruise Control for the Cruze
LOL. No. I cannot wait to get rid of this piece of junk car. I should've bought a camry.

· Administrator
14,161 Posts

· Registered
2018 Cruze ls, 1.4L turbo 6 speed auto.
3 Posts
Hello, not sure if you have gotten your cruise control installed yet, but for your question about the shroud under the column. There is one screw located underneath, then there is one screw each side of the steering wheel. You need to turn the steering wheel so top side of steering wheel is to the side. When at the side then you have clearance to get the side screw, then spin it the opposite side and remove that screw. Then it will pop off with a bit of a pull. Then you will see the ignition connector fully visible, solder the red wire to the yellow/blue wire. I also wired the solid blue wire to the red that went to ignition wire as I couldn't find the white/yellow wire in pin #7 of the 26 pin BCM connector. I soldered the white/brown wire to #11 position, gray/yellow of the black 26 pin BCM connector. I removed the plug which is a pain since they had the wiring folded over the release for the connector. I installed my the past weekend, took two hours and works great . Make sure to remove the side panel on dash plus heat vent section and additional screws for lower section you will need room to get your hands in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts