1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
25,604 Posts
100% pure garbage speculation. Even in the article the author contradicts himself.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Just have to wait and see. When GM announced last Summer there would be a 2017 Diesel was prior to the VW Emission Issues. I for one hope they make a Diesel. Seems like an opportunity if they would market the car properly.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I completely agree. The author says that there will be a 2016 Diesel Cruze but not a 2017 Diesel Cruze. That makes no sense whatsoever...

While I could see the possibility of GM changing its corporate mind and not producing a 2017 Diesel Cruze as they have announced, but with the Diesel Colorado coming out it does not seem as though the General is ready to give up on diesel fuel engines just yet.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,815 Posts
Can't access the article here, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that is all BS.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's interesting how this crap makes it online and is presented as a professional article and as news.

·
Administrator
25,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
This is not the first time I have seen one of these poorly written articles, I call complete BS. Its like the author read 2/3 of another article about the cruze and wrote "facts" based on the little info he actually had, then added a language barrier to boot.

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Typical of clickbait sites, if I were to guess its appearance.

·
Administrator
25,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Here is an article that the Cruze Hatch may not be available in a Diesel

2017 Chevy Cruze Hatch Diesel May Not Happen | GM Authority

The cruze hatch will be built in Mexico, since the diesel model has been and probably will continue to be low production model it would make sense to only have them built at one location. This could change though if demand is high enough.

I'm impressed with the all new cruze 1.4T auto power and MPG numbers, but I'm most interested in the new diesel.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It's interesting how this crap makes it online and is presented as a professional article and as news.
It's called "publish or perish". While usually heard in the context of university professors, it's most true with professional writers. If he/she doesn't write, he/she doesn't get paid. And publications will accept opinion and scuttlebutt.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
It's called "publish or perish". While usually heard in the context of university professors, it's most true with professional writers. If he/she doesn't write, he/she doesn't get paid. And publications will accept opinion and scuttlebutt.
Not reputable publications!!!

I would not accept that story for Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide (I am the Editor) without confirmation from GM/Chevy. AND I would not print it with all of those grammatical errors!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
I wouldn't be surprise if it was computer written.

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
I wouldn't be surprise if it was computer written.
Yep. Written by a bot.

And as everyone already knows the diesel is a go for '17.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it would be nice if they release it early like they did with my car. I bought my '14 in May of '13. They could capitalize on the VW fiasco.

Reactions: IndyDiesel
1 - 18 of 18 Posts