1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm waiting to see in in person.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I would probably like the utility of the hatch, just not sure till I see one. Looks slightly smaller. Not sure I would want to sit in back seat, the accident nicks wife was in recently sitting in the back seat of the hatch and I think there could be injuries

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
A quick glance and it looks like the rear door is in the same place as it is on my 1st Gen. The rear window is closer, but I don't think the rear seats are.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
My as well make it a wagon. The hatch just looks like a gen 2 without its trunk.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
nice focus
Like ford doesn't have cars that look like something else. The front of the new f-150 looks like an older Toyota, which I find ironic, since ford threatened to sue Toyota if they called their full size truck the T-150 ... said it was too much like the f-150 and would possibly confuse people and hurt sales. Or how about the 2008 Taurus ... which if it didn't have a blue oval on the back, you'd have sworn was a VW Passat. These days, all cars seem to look like something else, except for the C7 Vette, and some other supercars out there. Some are probably made on the same foreign assembly lines!

Reactions: sparkman

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
My as well make it a wagon. The hatch just looks like a gen 2 without its trunk.
Maybe this is why it can be built in Mexico. Less likely to carry any unknown refugees.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
It's ok except for the buttstache
You're just jealous because you'll never be able to grow a 'stache that looks that good! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just bought the 2017 cruze hatch RS Edition. I love the look of it. Honestly sat there looking at both the hatch and the sedan for some time looking at the various differences and to me the hatch was just way more slick, and dope looking. Granted It is the RS edition with the large spolier, front and rear body kit and side skirts so that also effected my decision BUT all in all I love the look and feel of the Hatchback.:rotate:

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I bought my Gen 2 16 LT, I looked at the Hatch. I really wanted to like it. I've always been a hatch / wagon fan. (not a SUV fan though. To me, the hatch is too short. I wish they would have added a couple inches to the length, even the same length as the sedan. But of course, that would look too much like a wagon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took my '17 hatch up to the Waterway Gas 'n Wash for a quick exterior cleaning. Didn't expect much reaction (I've had a couple of performance cars that generally cause attention, but nada on my trucks or SUVs), but they commented - "this is the first hatchback I've seen, what comes with the RS package", "I've seen a ton of sedans, but this is the first one with the touch screen that I've been in", "the orange color really stands out".

Very pleased!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts