Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No youtube on the 2017. cabin filter in 2012 was a snap.
2017 is a different animal. Not even sure if filter is behind glove box.
removed 2 screws on left side of glove box. tried every which way to remove it. don't want to force it and break anything.
Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx
RonS

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
No youtube on the 2017. cabin filter in 2012 was a snap.
2017 is a different animal. Not even sure if filter is behind glove box.
removed 2 screws on left side of glove box. tried every which way to remove it. don't want to force it and break anything.
Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx
RonS
Welcome to the forum and a new Cruze. I replaced mine on 2015 Cruze and it had 27k miles and it really wasn't as dirty as I thought it could be. How many miles do you have on a 2017? I have heard it is a nightmare to do on 2017. Just not sure I would replace something that isn't easy to do on 2017 if it doesn't need it. Hope that makes sense.

Again welcome to the forum

·
Registered
294 Posts

that pic shows the location of all the screws tor the glove box in red after you get all 5 you should be able to pull back and remove the complete assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greggul8r
Thanx for the info. Now how do you get the right side panel off to expose screws without breaking it?
I pryed it back a little and pushed on some tabs inside but not luck removing panel.
RonS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IndyDiesel,
Thanx for the info. I actually just want to blow out and clean the filter. I live in upstate NY and it gets filled up with leaves and junk. This is my third chevy cruze. I had a 2011, 2013 and now a 2017. I never changed the filter in any of them, just cleaned them every oil change and they worked fine. This 2017 is different but will be worth cleaning because the dealer wants $80 bucks to replace it.
RonS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sure is different to earlier models. How come so much more involved? One would think if left easy to perform, the replcement would be more likely to get done. Am I wrong with that line of thought?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Greatly appreciate the video! :) Why didnt they leave it where you just pulled the glove box easy like it used to be? no way Id let my dealer do this, they rip up my car every time it goes thru' the dark hole that is there repair garage. Bought a warranty that will never be used if I can help it dont trust them anymore. As many fumes and odors come in our car when we are in traffic or passing mowers I suspect mine did not even come with one as its not listed on sticker. wish I had the right tools and garage to do this, not paying anyone to rip my car apart. (the dealer blew it off every time we addressed it before we knew they ripped up the car inside when did work of other nature.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts