Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

2017 Chevy Cruze hatchback spied for the first time, coming to US.

Source: World Cars Fans
December 2, 2015
By: Adrian Padeanu

Our spies have sent us the first batch of images with the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze hatchback.The new Cruze hatchback was caught on camera testing in Southern Europe with a significant amount of body disguise, but we already have an idea about how it will look like. The front half of the car will be virtually carried over from the new sedan and that’s actually a good thing as the new model is quite a looker.
As for the rear end, you can see the production taillights through the camouflage and these are substantially different than the ones on the old Cruze hatchback. The new clusters have a horizontal arrangement and extend onto the trunk lid, and there’s also a prominent roof-mounted spoiler to give it a sportier look.

For the complete article and picture gallery click here:

2017 Chevy Cruze hatchback spied for the first time, coming to US

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looks like the rear doors will carry over from the sedan version, Unlike the rendering that was released a few months ago.

Can't wait for the Diesel, and maybe a 6sp manual!!!!

Ken

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Looks like the profile of an Astra.

Reactions: Jim Frye

·
2,254 Posts
I don't know if I like the rear of it. Looks kinda weird, maybe not so much once the camouflage is off.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Google "Opel Astra 2016". There is an image that looks exactly like the OP's image. Only difference is the grill.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Spies smies. I find it odd there isn't the least bit of motion blur. It like the car is staged.

The grill looks like it should have a Toyota emblem there.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Spies smies. I find it odd there isn't the least bit of motion blur. It like the car is staged.

The grill looks like it should have a Toyota emblem there.
I was thinking Holden for the emblem.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
If the spy picture is indeed the U.S. version, unless someone from Lordstown says different, I'd bet the Cruze hatchback is built over there and shipped here for sale as a Cruze. I ordered a Saturn Astra in 2008 made in the Opel plant in Europe. I'd still be driving it if GM hadn't lost it in shipment in the U.S. for over three months. Here's a better shot:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/12...-hatchback-shows-its-face-for-the-first-time/

·
Registered
145 Posts
Opel-Astra-4.jpg

If that's what we're getting...not sure how I feel about the body panels jutting up to that black section between the C-D pillars, but it will probably be muted with black paint. As long as it's not clown car styling (Honda Fit), or the boy racer thing (Ford Focus), I don't care too much. The current Audi'esque styling is nice, but it seems like all economy cars are moving towards this Asian jellybean styling, or whatever you want to call it. Guess it's just the reality of global platforms.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mazda 3ish, which is a good thing. Only problem will probably be close mid 20's once it comes out here in the US (if it comes), I would like one in a deep red

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Yeah, but will the U.S. get a VXR level hatch? Not Bloody Likely! Saw a Focus ST hatch at the gas station the other day. If Ford can sell them, why can't GM? BTW, the exhaust note of the ST was just about dead on perfect. Mellow, throaty, but not loud or harsh.

Reactions: trevor_geiger

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts