Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Was intending on getting one of these to replace the wife's Sonic hatch, but after seeing these pics I'm not a big fan. I was hoping it would look more like the wagon version of the current Cruze that is sold overseas. May just stick with the sedan. Or maybe it will grow on me when it's officially unveiled and unwrapped!

·
2,254 Posts
Was intending on getting one of these to replace the wife's Sonic hatch, but after seeing these pics I'm not a big fan. I was hoping it would look more like the wagon version of the current Cruze that is sold overseas. May just stick with the sedan. Or maybe it will grow on me when it's officially unveiled and unwrapped!
Exactly my thoughts. I was pretty excited when I heard about it.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
If the 2nd gen. Cruze hatchback is assembled in Mexico, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll still watch it for a year, but I'm not expecting it to have the same build quality as Lordstown.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
If the 2nd gen. Cruze hatchback is assembled in Mexico, that's a deal breaker for me. I'll still watch it for a year, but I'm not expecting it to have the same build quality as Lordstown.
For me its not all about quality, its about keeping jobs in america. GM put food on my table growing up, and thousands of other family's in my area. I seen the struggles those same family's had when they closed the plant, luckily my father was already retired.

Its a no brainer for GM to make this move, not much profit in these cheap cars if you have to pay your employees a good wage and benefits with unions always demanding more. This could be a stepping stone for all production to move to mexico at some point, so I speak my mind with my wallet.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
For me its not all about quality, its about keeping jobs in america. GM put food on my table growing up, and thousands of other family's in my area. I seen the struggles those same family's had when they closed the plant, luckily my father was already retired.

Its a no brainer for GM to make this move, not much profit in these cheap cars if you have to pay your employees a good wage and benefits with unions always demanding more. This could be a stepping stone for all production to move to mexico at some point, so I speak my mind with my wallet.
Ford, GM and Toyota are pulling out of Australian manufacture in the next 2 years. I don't care how good the imported replacements are it will be anything but these 3 from now on from me.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Ford, GM and Toyota are pulling out of Australian manufacture in the next 2 years. I don't care how good the imported replacements are it will be anything but these 3 from now on from me.
What's left that's domestic to you?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

Exactly! Build quality = Reliability. Those jobs will come back if the product is poor, but I won't buy it if it's made down there. Dying to see what the part 583 report shows on it when it goes on sale.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
What's left that's domestic to you?
This is Australia's vehicle manufacturing industry for the future.

AUSTRALIA could soon be shipping next-generation, blast-proof armoured vehicles overseas.
THE federal government is equipping the army with 1100 locally-built Hawkei protected vehicles and more than 1000 trailers, under a $1.3 billion deal with defence contractor Thales.
The project is expected to create over 170 regional jobs in the Victorian city of Bendigo and a further 60 for the state.The Hawkei vehicles, an upgrade of the widely-recognised Bushmasters, will better protect soldiers and allow them to operate in high-risk areas with a range of blast and ballistic protective features.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Use to call these a station wagon, had a couple of these, could move the rear seat backs forward, toss in a sleeping bag and take a nap. Also good for the kids on a long trip, could do the same thing, but was way before child car seat laws.

But this was in a vehicle like this.

Ha, could even pull a relatively large camper.

Not sure what the Cruze station wagon has to offer in more rear end space, trunk lid only sticks out about 14", a bit more head room. Guess they could also call it an SUV depending on what side of the bed marketing gets up on that day.

Only way to tell is to wait until they come out, see one at your friendly Chevy dealer and play with it.

See the number of SUV's and pickup truck sales really increased this last year because gas is a couple of cents cheaper. Smaller cars are taking a beating on sales.

But when the price of gas goes up, could pick up an SUV real cheap, not anything new, been going on this way for the last 40+ years. Not a fair profit item, strictly supply and demand. Of course with more of these gas guzzlers on the road, the price of gas will skyrocket again, and all of us will be hurting. Because the demand will be greater.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Overseas they have both a Hatchback and a wagon model of cruze. The hatchback is typically the same length as the sedan, but gains a larger rear trunk opening and slightly taller rear doors(less rake compared to the sedan). Even though the Hatchback isn't any longer, that bigger rear opening is sure handy for hauling larger items. The wagon goes further and adds a couple feet to the car.

I'm just under 6ft, I have a hard time getting my head into the rear of the cruze sedan unless I put my head in first an practically lay down. I had to get something out of the trunk via the rear seat folded down, try sitting on the folded seat this issue is 1000X worse.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Yeah would be nice to carry that slightly larger box once in a great while, but never a large flat screen, certainly not a washer or dryer.

Ha, also on the taller side, only vehicle I own where I don't have to duct my head is my motorhome. Well not the Supra either if I put the removable top back in the hatch. But if I do this, no more room for anything else. LOL.

Said this before about that Italian Ford C-Max, can carry as much as seven passengers or even have enough space for all the luggage of two families, gets 55 mpg on diesel with a six speed manual, would buy one in an instant if they sold a vehicle like that here. But they don't. Not much longer than the Cruze and that mini-van sliding door for the rear doors, no problem tying up my grandson in that thing.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Overseas they have both a Hatchback and a wagon model of cruze. The hatchback is typically the same length as the sedan, but gains a larger rear trunk opening and slightly taller rear doors(less rake compared to the sedan). Even though the Hatchback isn't any longer, that bigger rear opening is sure handy for hauling larger items. The wagon goes further and adds a couple feet to the car.

I'm just under 6ft, I have a hard time getting my head into the rear of the cruze sedan unless I put my head in first an practically lay down. I had to get something out of the trunk via the rear seat folded down, try sitting on the folded seat this issue is 1000X worse.

My daughter's 15 1.6T SRI-V Hatchback and my 2012 CDX diesel for you to compare.

View attachment 171481

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
@Aussie How much for shipping on your daughters car? Haha kidding, I wish they brought them here sooner though. How much can I get a sri-v emblem for, pm me please.
Car is 8 weeks old and is a 6m, quite nice to drive. It would most likely beat the diesel in a quarter mile drag, but the diesel has more relaxed highway performance, although both are really great for touring.

I hope this link works.

http://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/BADGE-HOLDEN-CRUZE-sriV-BOOT.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
I personally, don't like the looks of the Cruze wagon...nor the 15+ Cruze models. I think the Cruze, lost it's good "looks" after 2014. Just my opinion..

21 - 40 of 43 Posts