Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a brand new 2017 Chevy cruze and I haven’t even had it two weeks yet and we had the fm radio playing and I hooked up my usb to my cell phone to do the Apple play. Well it wouldn’t connect but it would charge my phone. Then I tried to switch the radio source to Bluetooth and it just was frozen on a song I couldn’t press play nor switch the swing. Then I tried to switch back to the fm radio and nothing no sound I couldn’t press the buttons to make it change stations and I tried the am radio and still nothing. We stopped at the store and when we came back it worked just fine. I read online that the car was clearing the caches. Well it shouldn’t cause my radio to freeze or not work properly especially since this is a brand new car. I went with a brand new car bc my last vehicle(2006 VW Jetta TDI) was terrible, transmission was going, electrical issues, my trunk would open while driving and sunroof would open all by itself, used so no warranty and it was always in my pocket. I absolutely refuse to deal with this if this is going to be another problem vehicle. I also owned a 2010 Chevy Equinox before and I loved everything about it except all the issues I had. I’d be driving down the road and the lights would flash at me and the vehicle would shut off, had to pull over and start it back up, left me on the side of the road more times than I’d like to admit. So I was real hesitant about going with Chevy again but I fell in love with the cruze. Anyone else having issues with their 2017 Cruze radio

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I absolutely refuse to deal with this if this is going to be another problem vehicle.
Wow that is a strong statement. Since you bought the Car already and there are no returns or an applicable Lemon Law for Cell Phone connectivity you will need to deal with this. How is your XM?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Call the dealer and get it for service. Might just need update to radio system. What model of IPhone do you have. If its older model it cause issues. I know my old Ipod will not work in my Gen2 like it did in my Gen1

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
I would ask the dealer if there are any software updates. Try removing and re-pairing the phone to the radio. I have had zero issues in my time with a Cruze with either the 7" or 8" radios, although sometimes they fail to "handshake" with the radio or something, and removing and re-inserting the cable seems to work.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I have several issues with mine. Im well versed with MyLink, having had 4 Cruzes. Its hard to tell whether its the phone, or the actual radio. I have an iPhone X. I had the same issues with my 7 Plus, though. Most of the time, when I plug my phone in USB, it has an issue disconnecting from the bluetooth, so, after I plug my phone into USB, the apple car play button, does nothing. I have to unplug the lightning cable, for a second, and plug it back in. It also doesnt play nice with WAZE. Everytime WAZE broadcasts a message, the stereo goes from Radio, to Bluetooth, like it wants to play music from my phone, and never goes back. Sometimes I hit the radio button to go back to radio every few miles, because WAZE pushes a notification about you reaching the speed limit, police reported ahead, and or hazard reported ahead. Im guessing this is probably the WAZE app, more than it is the radio. Either way, its extremely frustrating. But, the having to disconnect the lightning cable because the car hooked up to bluetooth before I had a chance to plug the cable in, is the biggest pain. Having to unplug it, and plug it back in. I also had the same issue, last night, as you had. The stupid thing, didnt want to do anything. no buttons responded on the radio. I ended up turning it off, for a few miles, and then back on. Worked after that. I believe its an issue with the phone switching between modes, but, either way, my iPhone 7 plus, and X do the exact same thing with the radio.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
I have several issues with mine. Im well versed with MyLink, having had 4 Cruzes. Its hard to tell whether its the phone, or the actual radio. I have an iPhone X. I had the same issues with my 7 Plus, though. Most of the time, when I plug my phone in USB, it has an issue disconnecting from the bluetooth, so, after I plug my phone into USB, the apple car play button, does nothing. I have to unplug the lightning cable, for a second, and plug it back in. It also doesnt play nice with WAZE. Everytime WAZE broadcasts a message, the stereo goes from Radio, to Bluetooth, like it wants to play music from my phone, and never goes back. Sometimes I hit the radio button to go back to radio every few miles, because WAZE pushes a notification about you reaching the speed limit, police reported ahead, and or hazard reported ahead. Im guessing this is probably the WAZE app, more than it is the radio. Either way, its extremely frustrating. But, the having to disconnect the lightning cable because the car hooked up to bluetooth before I had a chance to plug the cable in, is the biggest pain. Having to unplug it, and plug it back it. I also had the same issue, last night, as you had. The stupid thing, didnt want to do anything. no buttons responded on the radio. I ended up turning it off, for a few miles, and then back on. Worked after that. I believe its an issue with the phone switching between modes, but, either way, my iPhone 7 plus, and X do the exact same thing with the radio.
iOS 11 has all kinds of stupid Bluetooth bugs. We have issues with our Toyota when it never did in the past 5 years on previous versions of iOS. It disconnected every 10 minutes on a recent trip and I wanted to toss the phone out the window.

I grew so tired of Apples software bugs that I switched.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
A lot of these problems are either due to lack of horsepower in the hardware-memory or processor or buggy code, my guess is GM dose not want to spend enough on development and as the new hot features are added they get all the problems, any code lockup can be found if enough time is spent on it before putting it into production, most consumer electronics are upgradable by the consumer but not these GM radios so now your stuck with the no problem found game, you have to prove there is a problem to get them to fix anything even if its a known problem---

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a android and have zero issues. This is not a GM problem its apple issue. Apple needs to start using some standards. If your having issue with bluetooth but you still connect the usb for apple car play just turn the bluetooth off. You don't need it if its connected with the usb. Also waze is not guranteed to work with apple car play or android auto. Unless its a approved app by apple now to work with apple car play.

The only issue i have with my adroid is the wireless charging as its hit or miss. However its the phone and not the car. Samsung didn't seem to get the wireless piece in the phone the same on every phone. C0-worker has a Galazy S7 like mine and it works all the time even upside down. Mine is like maybe one out of hundred. Most phone to vehicle connectivity issues are the phone and not the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.