1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,911 Posts
The '14-15 was initially rated at 46 highway, now it's 44.
Which I find funny, as it generally easily surpasses the 46 figure. The new EPA tests were supposed to make the ratings more realistic - looks like it further underestimates diesel fuel economy.

Reactions: diesel

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Which I find funny, as it generally easily surpasses the 46 figure. The new EPA tests were supposed to make the ratings more realistic - looks like it further underestimates diesel fuel economy.
And the ECO MT's ratings which dropped from 42 to 40 highway.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I really do not pay too much attention to the EPA estimates, I have averaged 42.2 miles per gallon for first year of CTD ownership and almost 18k miles, I have had some highway extended trips, but it is mostly what I would refer to as combined driving, I normally drive within 5 mph of all speed limits. I think the combined number for my car was like 33 or something. When I had a 14 eco manual I averaged 39.0 mpg in similar driving over 22k miles, again well over the epa numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.