Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chevrolet has revealed the 2017 Trax, which will make its official debut Thursday at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show.

It’s new front end is the most prominent change on the small crossover, which now includes the dual port grille being adopted by other Chevy models. The 2017 Trax will be offered in LS, LT and Premier trim, with the LT and Premier models getting halogen projector headlamps with LED signature lights. Big 18-inch wheels also come with the Premier trim.

Inside, a revised center stack layout is found, which Chevy says adopts a dual-cockpit design. A 7-inch MyLink touch screen, which has been tilted more towards the driver, making it easier to reach and see, is fitted in the center stack surrounded by chrome trim. Premier models get contrasting-color instrument panel trim that matches the leatherette color of the seats.

Chevy has also revised the instrument cluster in the car, which now features an analog speedometer and tachometer along with a digital display.

Like many cars in the GM lineup, the Trax will have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and available 4G LTE Wi-Fi. New safety technology on the Trax includes side blind zone alert, rear cross traffic alert, forward collision alert and lane departure warning.

Like before, the Trax is powered by a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque.
Read more about the 2017 Chevy Trax Shows its New Face at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Me too. Also, why haven't they put the new 1.4T in? See this is why gm makes me angry sometimes.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
A cruze engine and 18" wheels? I wonder what the tires will cost to replace?

Back in the good ole days you had either 14" or 15" rims then 13s came out with the invention of compact economy cars. Personally I hate those gaudy looking huge rims these days.

·
2,168 Posts
Me too. Also, why haven't they put the new 1.4T in? See this is why gm makes me angry sometimes.
I read that GM decided to offer both of their 1.4L engines, the LUV and the all new LE2 in their Buick Encore. The LUV 1.4L will be the base model engine, while the redesigned LE2 with more power/torque will be offered on the Encore Sport Touring model. My guess is they're going to give the Trax the new LE2 for the 2017 model year or as soon as they run out of the old 1.4L LUV engine.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2016-buick-encore-sport-touring-the-tinys-crossovers-hi-po-encore/

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I read that GM decided to offer both of their 1.4L engines, the LUV and the all new LE2 in their Buick Encore. The LUV 1.4L will be the base model engine, while the redesigned LE2 with more power/torque will be offered on the Encore Sport Touring model. My guess is they're going to give the Trax the new LE2 for the 2017 model year or as soon as they run out of the old 1.4L LUV engine.

2016 Buick Encore Sport Touring: The Tiny's Crossover's Hi-Po Encore – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
I will take a spare engine for my cruze lol :)

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Never would have wanted to pay the higher price for the encore but thought the Trax was ugly. This is a huge improvement over the previous looks! Hopefully someone at GM will put the new DI 1.4T into this sooner rather than later, I would not buy with the old engine(its under powered as is the cruze with the same weight).

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,307 Posts
Tater Salad on wheel​s ...

·
Registered
2012 Cruze
21 Posts
We saw a Trax yesterday for the first time in the wild, and my wife actually really liked it. She thinks it's cute, and even though she wants a tiny car like a Spark or Sonic, she said she'd be willing to drive a Trax now. Or at least she said that before she read some of the reviews, which said it's slow, not very roomy and has a cheap interior. Hope the 2017 is better! I personally don't like either the old style or the new design. Neither really "does it" for me, but I do gravitate more toward sports cars and big, comfy cars.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
We saw a Trax yesterday for the first time in the wild, and my wife actually really liked it. She thinks it's cute, and even though she wants a tiny car like a Spark or Sonic, she said she'd be willing to drive a Trax now. Or at least she said that before she read some of the reviews, which said it's slow, not very roomy and has a cheap interior. Hope the 2017 is better!
The trax is the same weight as the cruze and uses the same engine/transmission, so it should be very comparable to the cruze acceleration. I see the Buick Encore(trax sibling) its optional to get the all new 1.4T with direct injection the same engine as the all new 2016+ cruze will use. Hopefully 2017 will see this engine also in the Trax, I would not buy one without the added power and MPG improvements that engine adds.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze
21 Posts
The trax is the same weight as the cruze and uses the same engine/transmission, so it should be very comparable to the cruze acceleration. I see the Buick Encore(trax sibling) its optional to get the all new 1.4T with direct injection the same engine as the all new 2016+ cruze will use. Hopefully 2017 will see this engine also in the Trax, I would not buy one without the added power and MPG improvements that engine adds.
Very interesting! I didn't know it was the same size/weight as the Cruze. I think the Cruze has just dandy acceleration for what it is. Makes me wonder if the reviewers my wife mentioned had some unrealistic expectations based on past experience with SUVs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts