Do you know if this will be available as a Hatch w/manual and what trim levels they will offer or will it just be the ECO?So, this is coming from someone who has put 200K+ miles on a 2014 Diesel, so it's pretty much a direct comparison. I found an LT with the leather package and the sun/sound package on it, MSRP was $29K-ish.
I will just list off my impressions as I think of them.
- Nice smelling leather, smells much more like a luxury car than the leather in my Cruze did when new.
- Better weighted steering.
- Even more supple ride than mine.
- Maybe slightly quieter on the highway.
- Has a very solid feel, even moreso than mine.
- Has a spare tire.
- Bigger trunk.
- DEF fill is next to the fuel fill.
- Very good Bose sound system.
- Softer leather and seats are at least as comfortable as mine.
- Acceleration is very comparable to mine, despite lower HP/TQ.
- Sun visors do not extend - big gap between middle of window and pillar
- Lots of glare from the trim around the mylink screen and no east way to easily block it (I just set my wllet there on my car and it blocks the glare). Same with air vent trim.
- (minor) No inside handle to close trunk.
- You can still very much tell it's a diesel, but it is quieter.
- Lots of shifting from the 9 speed auto.
- Transmission (auto) can be a little jerky, just like mine.
- Seems to shift sooner under WOT.
- Tungsten color is very nice.
It wasn't enough for me to buy it on the spot, but I am pretty sure at some point I will want one of these - most likely with the manual. It's overall very well executed car, much like mine. I am impressed by the incremental improvements, but there are some misses.