Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this article and had to share!

2017 Chevy Cruze Hatch Revealed Ahead Of Detroit Debut

This car looks better than I had imagined! I have been waiting for official photos since hearing the speculation that it was coming. My wife currently has a Sonic hatch and really likes it, however, we our expecting our 2nd child any day now and the sonic (and my Cruze for that matter) are just so small in the backseat area, so we had planned to check out the new Cruzes when they came out to possibly replace her sonic. After seeing pics, I really hope we can make that deal happen when they come out!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do.....want........!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow that looks great! I hope the z-link doesn't only come in the premier trim like it says.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,770 Posts
Really digging it.

SS...is really needed. Was always disappointed one did not appear in the "old" Cruze.

·
2,254 Posts
Very cool! I'd take it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought my Cruze a little more than a year ago now. It's a good thing I "needed" a new car so bad, because this is making me wish I could have waited.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,295 Posts
You still get to drive from Red light to Red light to Red light along with the usual crowd ..IT's an Economy car Not a Race Car !

You have to Pony up another $ 20.000.00 for a Race Car ................I Did ...

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
"It will be built at GM’s Ramos Arizpe plant in Mexico" - Detroit News

Interesting that they won't make it at Lordstown
Just another nail in the American labor force coffin..sadly

It looks like the new Ford RS coming out..................(which is a great looking car as well).

·
Registered
481 Posts
Info I read said that the lower models will be beam type suspension and the premier sedan and both hatch's will have the independent rear. I cannot believe that keeping this old tech alive for half the crowd is cost effective for GM anymore. Heck, even the newest corolla's are coming with disc rear brakes on all trims (i think). and now you gotta dive for the top trim for IRS which comes standard on most competitors! meh. As long as the hatch can be had with IRS rear disc brakes, AND a stickemupshift, I will put in consideration if my dreams don't come true elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
2017 Chevy Cruze Hatch to debut at Detroit auto show

has information as well.. It may even make late 2016 showrooms. Only the stock photo is shown. Looks nice though!
"Mark Reuss, GM’s head of global product development, reportedly has said not bringing the Cruze hatch to the U.S. was a “pre-bankruptcy planning mistake.”

Duhhhh! I sure could have used the hatch 4 years ago. I sure could have used the 18.5 cubic feet of trunk space, instead of the 15.0 I have now in the sedan. My trunk is full of work stuff.

I will be due for a new vehicle in a year. This couldn't be better timing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
glad to see GM doing this but a little late vs everyone else! i'm sure the hatch will sell. If you wan A hot hatch and call it an SS witch doesn't mean anything anymore, a sport trim to fight with the other hot hatch marked, Speed 3, GTI , ST ect that would be cool. I feel like if they try they will end up with something like the veloster turbo good but not great.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts