Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 Cruze Hatch LT w/RS manual

Hey guys, picked up a 2017 Cruze Hatch LT manual w/RS last week in cajun red tintcoat. At the time, it was the only one in the state of Michigan with the convenience package, so it took some doing to get it to me; luckily I work at a dealership so I was able to throw some weight around. I'm not new to this platform, nor this crowd. Some of you may recognize me from the Sonic crowd, which is just neat. I'm known for throwing an obscene amount of money at a platform that doesn't really need it. I have parts already on the way, being devoloped, and some vendors that hate me already because I don't let him sleep or have any family time (sorry Jerry!). Feel free to fire away with any questions about the old platform, because I'll usually have an answer.

I am 25, a US Army combat vet, live in Michigan, work at a Chevrolet dealership, live with my girlfriend, have a 6 year old son who is my clone, and enjoy sleeping in my free time.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new Cruze.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new Cruze...Looks good!

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Congratulations! We both are rare Hatch+Manual drivers.
It was an honest struggle to get. Only one left in Michigan. I almost had to get one from out of state, but really didn't want the front plate bracket so I waited until close to the end of the day and luckily a Michigan dealer got one in. My dealer wasn't going to have one for another month or so.

I'd like that exhaust tip for my sedan.
Once I have an exhaust put on, you can have first dibs. I won't be reusing the stock tip, as it will likely exit out the side.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum, manuals are a hard find. Here you have to order it or just go on a quest for one.
Yeah, that's no joke. It was definitely a hard find.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Car looks great, can't wait to see what you have in store for that beut. Keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum! Car looks great, can't wait to see what you have in store for that beut. Keep us updated!
Definitely will do!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

It was an honest struggle to get. Only one left in Michigan. I almost had to get one from out of state, but really didn't want the front plate bracket so I waited until close to the end of the day and luckily a Michigan dealer got one in. My dealer wasn't going to have one for another month or so.

Once I have an exhaust put on, you can have first dibs. I won't be reusing the stock tip, as it will likely exit out the side.
ill need that rear bumper trim since my bumper doesn't have the cutout for that tip.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry if this is thread-jacking, I'll move it if the op doesn't like it.

Yes, I ordered mine and waited. Delivered the day the tag on my old car expired!

As I understand it, RS is a trim-only package. I was surprised to see the 'RS' badge on my car. Was told it was because it was obligatory with the manual trans. There was no separate charge for it on the sticker.

Something other MT drivers will appreciate. I came from a 2001 Sentra which had a short-geared 5 speed. It was above 3000 r/min at 65. With my Cruze, yesterday, I was on the freeway doing 65-75, noted the tachometer around 2500 and noted the throttle response was good. Thought, "Hmm, I like this car more now, must be breaking in or something." Then, noticed it was in 5. "D'oh! Or something!" With this Cruze manual, with its super-tall gears, I will have to pay attention at all times to get the best economy. If not run in '5' most of the time, then pay attention to upcoming small hills, whether I will need to pass (on a busy multi-lane) and accelerate reasonably quickly, etc.

I note the upshift indicator urging me to upshift to 5 and 6 at speeds low enough to have the engine at 1200 rpm or so at level highway cruising speeds. Is this reasonable, or is this bad for the engine?

One thing I liked about GMs old pushrod V6s, was that they pulled strongly at such RPMs without problem. Quiet, relaxed highway cruisers. This car groans like Frankenstein (exhaust resonance I guess) in 6th gear at highway speeds, and doesn't have much or any throttle response (maybe I have to get used to using more throttle.)

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, with the manual trans (which you can only get in the LT trim for the hatch) you automatically get the RS package. Body kit and badge is all you get with that. I opted for the convenience package as well, because heated seats and push button. hahaha.

RS package is normally $995, but is included in ours. You'll note the model as Cruze 5dr LT w/RS manual. 1SC is the model code.

I frequently cruise at 35 mph in 6th gear. You'll get used to it. My Sonic was exactly the same way.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congrats and nice car. does the rs option come with the zlink? I like sleeping in my spare time too :)
Unfortunately, no. The RS package gets you the spoiler, fog lights, body kit, and badges. If you have a premier, you get 18" wheels as well.

ill need that rear bumper trim since my bumper doesn't have the cutout for that tip.
I have a sawzall you can borrow.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
congrats and nice car. does the rs option come with the zlink? I like sleeping in my spare time too :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts