Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm very much in the market to get a Chevy Cruze Hatchback to replace my extremely aged 2001 Jeep Cherokee.
The main reason I'm looking at the Cruze is the price / mpg.

I've found one I think I like, but I need a roof rack on it so I can transport plywood occasionally for my home improvement projects. I've already made a support system for the plywood using 2x4s and it just needs 2 horizontal bars to attach it to.

My question is, has anyone put the roof rack bars on a newer Chevy Cruze hatchback (I'm specifically looking at a 2017)? And if so, I'd love to see some pics and maybe get an idea of how far apart you have the bars.

Thank you in advance!
Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, don't have it yet. But I did see CarID's website and their offerings. I'm just not clear on weight capacity.
I found some other websites that show a system that basically clips on where the doors are at, just not sure how much weight it can hold.
Hoping to find someone who has already done it to see what they think of the system, from best I can tell the Cruze doesn't roof rack mounting features, so you have to use a system that can attach other ways.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,667 Posts
Thanks, don't have it yet. But I did see CarID's website and their offerings. I'm just not clear on weight capacity.
I found some other websites that show a system that basically clips on where the doors are at, just not sure how much weight it can hold.
Hoping to find someone who has already done it to see what they think of the system, from best I can tell the Cruze doesn't roof rack mounting features, so you have to use a system that can attach other ways.
I linked you directly to the 2017 carriers. Just click on the specifications tabs for each one. The first one is 28+lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts