Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2017 Cruze Jerky Trans??

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jblackburn 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just purchased a 2017 Chevy Cruze last week on Thursday, the transmission seems to be like kinda jerky? I’ve heard around that these cars have an adaptive transmission and that it’ll learn to my driving? I’m not sure if that’s true but anyways.
Everytime I accelerate it seems to shift a little harder than what I’m used to until it gets to like 4thgear and then when I go to stop it downshifts kinda tough too, like how my transmission in my 2007 Honda Accord would.
I’m just wondering if you all think I should take it into my dealer and have them look at it or if I should give it x amount of miles to get used to me before I do?
I’m extremely paranoid when it comes to cars and especially since this ones newer I don’t think there should be issues with it already.
Bought the car with 29,600 miles on it and I have 29,900 miles on it as of today

#3 ·
Why not try resetting the Transmission by disconnecting the Battery. It will then relearn (to a point) your driving style.If this doesn't work I would take it in for the Dealer to look at. The Transmission is covered for 5 years or 60K and adjustments covered under the 3 year/36000 mile New Car Warranty should be free!

#4 ·
It depends a little on what you are used to. Some older cars with no torque converter clutch or where the tc clutch didn’t engage until overdrive were programmed for extreme smoothness in shifting. Now in effort to increase mpg the tc clutch engages at very low speed and stays that way until you stop again. Nothing wrong but you do feel the shifts whether up or down.

Reactions: jblackburn
#5 ·
They are definitely not the smoothest transmissions compared to most old 4 speed designs that would slip or unlock the torque converter most of the time until you were up to highway speeds. That makes for a smooth drive, but lots of thrown away MPG.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.