Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2017 Cruze Hatch LT automatic about 3 weeks ago and this will be my place to show it off. I will be doing it slowly and logging what I can using HPTuners and Dash Command. The plan is to return to complete stock and then run it record results. Then add the cold air intake, run it, record results. Upper charge pipe...you get the drift.
I have done some things, fairly minor, quick things to make it run better. A list below of things to do in no particular order.

Cold Air Intake
Upper charge pipe
Lower charge pipe
Lowering springs
Exhaust, cat back
Downpipe
Trifecta or BNR tune
...other performance related items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. Bought new ones front and rear. Also replaced Cruze and LT with black also

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I like it! I like the hatch more and more, very tasteful so far! Can't wait for the results. Does anyone know the parasitic loss of the auto vs manual?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I just got my replacement intake pipe from AEM. The original one had some burnt through welds. Sent me a new one pretty quickly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot. My upper charge pipe from ZZP will be here some time today.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did a little test a little bit ago. Is this information helpful to anyone? Trying to do some runs using dash command as my timer then do the same run and log it using HPTuners.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered the GMPP fog lights, suspension package, and illuminated front emblem. The place emailed me back saying that the fog lights and illuminated emblem has not been released by GM yet.
So for now I am only getting the suspension package.
Updates to follow when installing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
None of these parts have been released by GM yet so now trying to find alternative sources.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ordered a 3 way ODBII 3-way plug so, in theory I will be able to log using HPTuners, DashCommand and Ultragauge. That way I can monitor and log times and make sure they all jive together.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ordered a 3 way ODBII 3-way plug so, in theory I will be able to log using HPTuners, DashCommand and Ultragauge. That way I can monitor and log times and make sure they all jive together.

Just arrived!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So here is the plan. The car is in the shop now for a CEL and the door lock button on the exterior handle not working. But the car is completely stock. I will, hopefully, bring it back home tomorrow.

I will be finding a 1/4 mile straight and doing 2 passes, thoughts?

2 passes stock
2 passes with AEM CAI
2 passes with BNR throttle body spaced
2 passes with AEM CAI and BNR spacer
2 passes with AEM CAI and GMPP Exhaust
2 passes with GMPP Exhaust and BNR spacer
2 passes with AEM CAI and BNR spacer and GMPP Exhaust

All being data logged with DashCommand and HPTuners. Still waiting on Ultragauge.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Won’t be installing anything anytime soon got the car from the dealership 6 miles down the road same problem

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got the car back. The clip that held on the intake tube coming off the intercooler was bent and one side was not holding under pressure. New intake tube and clip. Now to install the GMPP exhaust when the pipes cool down.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So here is the plan. The car is in the shop now for a CEL and the door lock button on the exterior handle not working. But the car is completely stock. I will, hopefully, bring it back home tomorrow.

I will be finding a 1/4 mile straight and doing 2 passes, thoughts?

2 passes stock
2 passes with AEM CAI
2 passes with BNR throttle body spaced
2 passes with AEM CAI and BNR spacer
2 passes with AEM CAI and GMPP Exhaust
2 passes with GMPP Exhaust and BNR spacer
2 passes with AEM CAI and BNR spacer and GMPP Exhaust

All being data logged with DashCommand and HPTuners. Still waiting on Ultragauge.

Thoughts are you have a lot of disposable income. And that is a good thing. Throttle body spacer is a waste of money. Besides sounding cooler, don't think the CAI will do anything for you.
Exhaust may help, but most of the manufacturers have already figured out how to maximize exhaust systems for power and fuel economy. It may give some better sound.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.