Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to finally join the forum after a while of having my Cruze now. This is my first time owning a cruze and I absolutely love it! I am currently leasing this car due to me getting a really good lease offer with a discount I received. Lets just say that it made the payments really affordable for me still being in high school and working part time.

I joined this forum to hopefully find answers to some of my questions with a few simple upgrades I would like to do. I am not going to do too many things since it is leased and a lot of stuff really shouldn't be messed with and I don't want to upgrade the car too much right now and not be sure I am going to buy it out when my lease is up.

My first two simple changes to the car I want to make is tint the windows and install subwoofers to add some bass to the car. I got a quote from a guy who I know does great tint work and it was a very good price for a lifetime guarantee as well.
What I am hoping to do is be able to install the subwoofers myself instead of having to pay my local sound shop an extra $150-$200 to install them. So that will be my first journey on learning how to install them. I am going to look around for help and if you know anything please let me know as I would greatly appreciate it. My main thing I want to know is if it is possible to install subwoofers with the stock radio and system without having to rip apart the dash?

Looking forward to seeing other cruze upgrades and inspiration.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome young man and congratulations on the new Cruze. Check here for some good info on speaker upgrades, etc. for the Gen II.

Gen2 Audio & Electronics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Putting in the subs yourself is going to be tricky unless you have a lot of experience in doing this. Not doubting your abilities, but getting your car set up for the bass would be my main concern. You don't want to sound like all your panels are about to rattle off your car when you're going down the street. It's just nice to have everything done right from wiring to soundproofing your car. You get what you pay for. But again I don't know your experience with all this, so you may know what you're doing. I don't have a lot of room to talk because I use to have my buddies that were smart with that stuff install my stereos and subwoofers and speakers when I was younger. More of an mechanical than electrical guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts