Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Nicely done Eric.

Love the heated steering wheel. True decadence.

Gator will be pleased with the spare tire.

Engines sounds the same same as the 2.0 LUZ.

But why no electrochromatic rearview mirror?

Also the 16" wheels look miserly.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
fan knob and heat/cold knobs on the correct side...thanks gm for fixing that.

looks like my knee wont hit the fan knob like currently (heat/cold knob in gen1)

still waiting for someone to retrofit heated steering wheel onto gen1

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
299 Posts
Also the 16" wheels look miserly.
I agree. They look too small for the car. Will be OK at tire-buying time because 17s cost more. I'm already thinking about upgrading to aftermarket 17s. I've never done aftermarket wheels before, but these need help. Black wheels on my Summit White would look sharp.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I don't get a 16 tire on a 2017 car. I also don't get auto stop on a diesel. I look forward to seeing a new Cruze diesel, my biggest hesitation will be this is going to be another low production version of the Cruze.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
*fuel* door.

The one thing I can say about the 16" tires is that they ride superbly for a small car. Ride quality on the 2016 LT was better than any model first gen Cruzen I've driven, and better than any small car I've ever driven. It feels like a little Impala out on the road. Obviously not meant for handling, though.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Worth noting, while my phone might pick up the intricacies of engine noise, that little ******* is quiet. hahaha. whisper diesel is not misleading.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Worth noting, while my phone might pick up the intricacies of engine noise, that little ******* is quiet. hahaha. whisper diesel is not misleading.
It has a very low-pitched drone on the highway. I like it. Almost can't tell it's a diesel from ambient sound, but the low purr is definitely there.

True enough about the ride with the 16s. It's less planted in curves than I'm used to coming from other cars this size, but I spend the majority of my time on the highway, so I'm very pleased with the ride.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It looks like any other Cruze, which I like. Not sure if everyone will. I agree the 16's look small, but it does ride very good. Maybe if they would have went with a slightly taller tire.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It has a very low-pitched drone on the highway. I like it. Almost can't tell it's a diesel from ambient sound, but the low purr is definitely there.

True enough about the ride with the 16s. It's less planted in curves than I'm used to coming from other cars this size, but I spend the majority of my time on the highway, so I'm very pleased with the ride.
It's worth mentioning the what sounds like the turbo whistle from 0-10 MPH.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts