Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2017 Cruze LT for three days and put 170 miles on it. I just have to say it sure is a nice car. I was really surprised just how nice the car rode, how quiet it is and how good the new 1.4 turbo engine feels. The car feels very refined. Driving it just to work and back home just like I do with my CTD the 2017 Cruze got 42 mpg and the best number I saw on the cars computer was 47.5 mpg.

I know that my CTD will get better mileage on a road trip..but..on my loop to and from work the 2017 Cruze got just as good if not better fuel mileage as my CTD and seems to hold on to the mileage number at low speeds easier than my CTD does...really made start thinking about if the extra expense of the whole diesel thing makes sense...anyways...the new Cruze sure is a huge improvement to the 1st Gen Cruze and GM sure did a nice job. I'm really looking forward to driving the new diesel Cruze to see how the new whisper diesel feels in this 2017 Cruze.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I test drove a 17 Cruze Premier in December, I was very impressed with the car as well. It caused me to question if the diesel and emissions are worth fussing with as well. I have had zero problems with my 15 diesel so plan to drive it more and enjoy. Glad to hear you enjoyed the 17 Cruze as well. Even better when you get it for a couple of days and easier to compare to your diesel on your normal driving routine.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,970 Posts
That's how they got me. I had one as a rental for 2 weeks, and then another one for like a week after that. I tried not to like it - I did shop around too, but it's just a really well done m all-around car, even in LT trim. The engine really is very well buttoned down, torquey, and responsive when you lay into it. I ended up choosing it over a Fusion 1.5 or an Accord.

·
Registered
215 Posts
And in another 2 years they'll be the same cheaply made, clattery econoboxes that the Gen 1's are now. ;)

Reactions: sparkman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was looking for something more... agile than my '13 Suburban. Gave myself a budget of $20K - looked at several used vehicles and the Cruze hatchback.

Chose the Cruze. New = better warranty. Also the most fuel-efficient. Not necessarily the most fun - they had a GM Certified '14 Regal GS that seemed pretty nice, acceleration and handlingwise - but this car is OK - I went out with a friend yesterday and commented on how quiet his '16 Sonic was, then got into the Cruze and it's even better.

Nice car. I think I chose well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts