Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Thier is not a saftey latch but an alternate way of opening the lock manually just remove the plastic plug and thier is a square drive that you can turn in counter clock wise and this will open the lock manually that you can just replace the lock actuator when you finally have the hatch open...
1. Put down rear seats
2. Go towards the rear of door and in the center bottom you will see a round plastic plug
3. Remove plastic plug
4.the drive is square I did not have this tool but I instead used a 5/16 allen tool, stick it in the whole and turn counter clock wise this should open the latch
I don’t have a Gen 2 but it’s a safety requirement to have the glowing pull handle in the trunk.

If it doesn’t have that’s actually a big no no. Like national recall worthy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don’t have a Gen 2 but it’s a safety requirement to have the glowing pull handle in the trunk.

Since it's a hatch I don't see it being a need to have that interior saftey latch Becuase someone will have a way of getting out.... Either from top, putting the seats down, or breaking the glass...

Either way to the original poster this is the way to open the rear hatch from inside and properly able to remove the actuator once you open and diagnose the issue.. I think when your window was initially damaged could have damaged the 2 wiring loom that feed both sides of the hatch door.. I would check all the rear door hatch functions.. Rear Wiper, rear hatch lights, rear window Defroster, rear hatch tail lights if all those things work, you could just have a bad door lock actuator....

·
Registered
835 Posts

This is a hatchback not a sedan.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts