Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Cruze yesterday. It's an orange premier hatchback with both driver's confidence packages, the sun & sound package, the RS package, and probably a few other things! I drive 50 miles to work every day, so hopefully I'll be benefitting from the increase in fuel economy from my '01 Oldsmobile Alero. Anyway, I'm excited to be here and can't wait to learn about what modifications I can make to my new car!
21462605_1527321500640462_3083329565447801630_n.jpg 21731027_1527321510640461_2662227272903399138_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Thank you! I'm absolutely loving it. Hopefully I don't regret not getting the extended warranty, considering I drive 25k miles per year just getting to work and back.
That's kinda different about you not regretting not getting the 'Extended Warranty'? You can always purchase coverage through the Dealer until the New Car Warranty ends, and it ends so soon when you're having fun!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Hey, welcome to the club. I also have a 17’ Premier Hatch. Mine is nightfall gray, though. I’m the same way, I drive a zillion miles a year. I have 3,700 on the car, and I’ve had it about 5 weeks. This is my 4th Cruze. They’ve been good cars. The others I’ve traded in, because I get tired of driving the same thing. I have no real attachment to them, so, they’re gone in a few years. This one, I may keep a little longer, because after owning 3 1st generation Ecos, this one has every option available. And I’m not driving 2 hours a day, wishing I had blind spot, or a sunroof, or leather, or heated seats. So, this time, I got it all. Good luck, and happy Cruzing. Keep an eye out for a future update. I already ordered a tune, a long time ago, but BNR has been out with Hurricane Irma. So, we will see. Hopefully I get the tune squared away, soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MilitantNarwhal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, welcome to the club. I also have a 17? Premier Hatch. Mine is nightfall gray, though. I?m the same way, I drive a zillion miles a year. I have 3,700 on the car, and I?ve had it about 5 weeks. This is my 4th Cruze. They?ve been good cars. The others I?ve traded in, because I get tired of driving the same thing. I have no real attachment to them, so, they?re gone in a few years. This one, I may keep a little longer, because after owning 3 1st generation Ecos, this one has every option available. And I?m not driving 2 hours a day, wishing I had blind spot, or a sunroof, or leather, or heated seats. So, this time, I got it all. Good luck, and happy Cruzing. Keep an eye out for a future update. I already ordered a tune, a long time ago, but BNR has been out with Hurricane Irma. So, we will see. Hopefully I get the tune squared away, soon.

I'm considering getting a tune at some point. BNR sounds like it's the way to go. Once you do get it squared away, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! I seriously can't wait until my wife graduates from college so we can move closer to where I work. Luckily in the mean time, podcasts help make the commute feel shorter (shameless plug for Hello from the Magic Tavern).

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I should get it any day, now. The 2017s have an additional security step that needs to be done by the owner. So, they don’t just shoot you the tune, anymore. They need information from your ecu, first. Then they send you a tune back. I’ve completed their first request, so, now, I’m just waiting for the actual tune. I’m curious to see how much better it is than the previous model. More power stock, means more power tuned. Can’t wait.

Reactions: MilitantNarwhal
1 - 9 of 9 Posts