Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone know how to remove the bowtie from the trunk? Are there holes underneath or is it just stuck on with adhesive? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
More than likely it is stuck on with adhesive. What I used on my previous cars was a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive and it should come up. Just be patient and careful. Starting with one side and care fully pulling back from onside.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hopefully there isn't an actual hole in the metal to assist in alignment when the bowtie is factory installed. I've seen that on some cars.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Hopefully there isn't an actual hole in the metal to assist in alignment when the bowtie is factory installed. I've seen that on some cars.
I'm fairly confident there are alignment holes on the Cruze as well.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,810 Posts
Back in the day that was definitely something they did - these days, they use a large fixture that positions the badge(s) correctly based off nearby geometry features. So thankfully no need for holes anymore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fishing line can also be used to remove adhesive backed emblems. Slide the line behind an edge of the emblem and work line back and forth in a cutting motion to separate the emblem from the car. Clean up with Isopropyl Alcohol.. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Can I safely assume that a 2016 model is the same?---no alignment holes?
I just don't want to find out when it's too late like I did on my 2012 (ended up buying a new badge for that one)

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have a light up emblem and i can say for certainty I had to drill a hole for the wires. and I used a guitar string to take mine off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts