Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried to purchase a new Cruse Ls this week and 2 different Chevy dealers advised they are on a nationwide sales hold due to issues with the flat tire inflation kit, I cannot find any news anywhere that can verify this, the Lt was for sale , this was at Ray auto group Fox lake Il 847-587-3300 and Sunrise Chevrolet Glendale hts il 844-839-6486 , and yes they are on 20% sale until you go to buy one, then there is a problem

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Not a word of this to the Nation? What Nation do you live in. On a Holiday Weekend this could destroy the projected sales for the year. Perhaps you heard wrong as the LT Cruze & Malibu are on a 20%+ sale

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
OP is in Illinois. It doesn't make sense to me to stop the sale of the car over the flat tire inflation kit. Sell the car and have dealerships notify owners when the kit is available. Something sounds fishy here.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
Tried to purchase a new Cruse Ls this week and 2 different Chevy dealers advised they are on a nationwide sales hold due to issues with the flat tire inflation kit, I cannot find any news anywhere that can verify this, the Lt was for sale , this was at Ray auto group Fox lake Il 847-587-3300 and Sunrise Chevrolet Glendale hts il 844-839-6486 , and yes they are on 20% sale until you go to buy one, then there is a problem

Welcome Aboard!:welcome: border mate. I've been to Ray Chevrolet in Antioch a few times.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and - when you get it- your Cruze here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Try Gary Lang in McHenry
There a better Dealer. See George Bell good guy tell him Busted timing chain Malibu Alan sent you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also tried to buy another cruze today. An ls. I was shocked to learn of the hold sale. The dude I bought from is trying to figure out a way we can make a deal. I didnt like the quote on an lt, as this will be a work only vehicle. Hopefully, someone cam get at least get us a date.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I found a news article that said GM will stop selling cars in India at the end of the year. That's all I found.

It doesn't make sense to me to stop the sale of the car over the flat tire inflation kit. Sell the car and have dealerships notify owners when the kit is available.
If it endangers life, then GM has to stop sales. Otherwise, the next person hurt can say that GM sold them a car knowing of the hazard. I'm not sure as you can pull the kit as it could leave someone stranded in a bad way.

We'll find out pretty soon what's happening.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I found a news article that said GM will stop selling cars in India at the end of the year. That's all I found.

If it endangers life, then GM has to stop sales. Otherwise, the next person hurt can say that GM sold them a car knowing of the hazard. I'm not sure as you can pull the kit as it could leave someone stranded in a bad way.

We'll find out pretty soon what's happening.
I've had two flat tires in 40 years of driving. One was a slow leak that I simply reinflated the tire and continued on - in fact that tire never went flat again. The other was a puncture too big for the goo bottle. In both cases a full sized spare would have been the best way to go for continuing on. The lack of the full sized spare should be a stop sale. The lack of a tire inflater isn't one.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
16.5k with taxes sounds like a bargain.
Doesn't an LT sticker for about $22k with no options?

And yes, for a fleet car, I'd gladly save another 20% and give up cruze control, spare tire and aluminum wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
16.5k with taxes sounds like a bargain.
Doesn't an LT sticker for about $22k with no options?

And yes, for a fleet car, I'd gladly save another 20% and give up cruze control, spare tire and aluminum wheels.
They still aren't giving their base model cruise control? Kind of ridiculous since everything needed except the button is already installed.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,527 Posts
They still aren't giving their base model cruise control? Kind of ridiculous since everything needed except the button is already installed.
Trax too. That's the GM business plan - undercut other mfr's on price, but give them absolutely no features to upsell the mid-tier models (or drive consumers to another brand, like Hyundai, with tons of standard features).

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Trax too. That's the GM business plan - undercut other mfr's on price, but give them absolutely no features to upsell the mid-tier models (or drive consumers to another brand, like Hyundai, with tons of standard features).
Actually, when i bought my 14 accent. It was 3 levels. Basic manual, Auto, Steering wheel controls. I couldn't buy cruise and bluetooth on the basic manual. I had to have the auto. So i got the top of the line model.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,527 Posts
Actually, when i bought my 14 accent. It was 3 levels. Basic manual, Auto, Steering wheel controls. I couldn't buy cruise and bluetooth on the basic manual. I had to have the auto. So i got the top of the line model.
I was thinking Elantra, but it makes sense they would spec an Accent like that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i got a used lt for 20$ more a month than a brand new ls. Power and heated seats, led daytime running lights, and cruise control mostly sold me lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.