Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The information for the 2018 Cruze is up on the GM Fleet Order Guide, and it appears that the diesel will make its way to the hatch in a similar way as it did to the sedan, as its own trim level.

However, I noticed that the Diesel Hatch, at least per the order guide, will have the RS package (standard on the manual, optional on the automatic) - which will also include the Z-Link.

It does not appear that the sedan will have this option, though, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good info to know!!

Reactions: MP81

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,970 Posts

I know a few people that would be interested in such a model combination.

I wish they'd open up the wheel/package choices. A Premier diesel would be pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts

I know a few people that would be interested in such a model combination.

I wish they'd open up the wheel/package choices. A Premier diesel would be pretty sweet.
The 18s are standard on the manual diesel hatch.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Has anyone read anything regarding when the 18 models will be available for order? (Both sedan and hatchback)
June 1st is when initial orders can be accepted.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2018 Chevy Cruze Gets Diesel Hatch, New Color | GM Authority

GMAuthority seems to think that the Hatch Diesel will be rated at 52 mpg highway, regardless of transmission - but I'm not sure where they're getting that information, as it is not listed in the order guide, or anywhere I can find. Also, the gas hatch has lower fuel economy numbers than the more aerodynamic sedan, so this doesn't exactly make much sense (likewise with the EPA-rating gap between the manual and automatic diesel models).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts