Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am likely going to buy a 2018 Hatch with the diesel engine. I really REALLY want the 8" screen, color DIC, cross traffic alerts and side object detection.

As far as I can tell this driver confidence package can ONLY be added if the car has an auto and not a stick. :(

I have built a Cruze on the chevy website and once you choose manual trans you are then not allowed to add the driver confidence package.

WTF Chevy???

I drove the 6 speed today and it was great.

Tomorrow I am going to drive the 9 speed auto. IF I like the auto I'll probably go ahead and order the car I want.

Am I missing something here? Can this package be added to the manual trans cars?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would liked to have had all of the options on my manual transmission too, but ultimately they are "nice-to-haves" and not things I must have. I'm getting along just fine without a sunroof and a color DIC. But Chevy did leave money on the table with me because I would have anted up for those niceties.

·
Registered
157 Posts
IMHO Manual gearbox is more important than all that other stuff.
ps - which year firehawk do/did you drive?!
pps - seems inappropriate to mention another's spouse in any context here unless it is glaringly complimentary, maybe like this:
"Your spouse's impressive driving skills were evident as she did donuts and drifts in the chevy cruze diesel at cars & coffee."
or
"Your spouse's hypermiling skills are evident via your profile."

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
And Chevy wonders why the Manuals don't sell as well. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
slow drivers

Am I missing something? What does your comment have to do with his post?
check your signatures

13' Eco M6, 15.6Gal tank mod, wife's car, 30mph avg.

Hidden Content

03' Golf TDI M5, my car, 45mph avg.
Hidden Content
did you mean MPG ?????

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
check your signatures

13' Eco M6, 15.6Gal tank mod, wife's car, 30mph avg.

Hidden Content

03' Golf TDI M5, my car, 45mph avg.
Hidden Content
did you mean MPG ?????
I didn't mean MPG. My reasoning for adding the average mph was to make it more relevant the economy that we were seeing with those vehicles. Without knowing what someones average speed is it sort of makes posted MPG irrelevant.

Back to the topic at hand. Yes, GM definitely is going to lose some sales due to their choice of forcing an auto to get other options.

To me I am going to spend a lot of time in the cockpit daily and options trump transmissions therefore I chose a new Volt today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts