Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for the dealership to add steering wheel controls to my 2018 LS Cruze that allow me to answer phone calls and change the radio stations? These features came with my 2015 Cruze LS and I did not pick up on it that it was missing during my test drive. Was really hoping to get this upgraded and wasn't sure if this is something a certified dealer would be able to do.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
It's not something any dealer is likely to tackle. GM doesn't support this upgrade/mod, and it would require a parts Dept and technician willing to take the risk and do the leg work to source parts without a VIN match.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,423 Posts
Does the Gen II use the same wheel as a Gen I? If so, you can easily add the parts and then look for a dealer to program the control module. Less time to pay for at the dealer that way.

[h=1]How to remove and replace your steering wheel[/h]
Then you will probably need the corresponding radio. again assuming compatibility with the Gen I silver box,

[h=1]How To Disassemble Radio To Program VIN[/h]
I would also pick the brains of @dhpnet and @StLouisCPhT to see what they might be able to add.

Although this could all be a waste of time as I don't know what is the same in a Gen II.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts