Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we had a very heavy rainfall first one since I got my 2018 LTRS, and both headlights were fogged up on the inside. Anyone else observe this?
Now to explainfurther, I did replace my headlights with some LED bulbs, and I used a universal dust cover.
I'm wondering though the dust cover keeps out dust but is it supposed to also keep ouit moisture? The replacment bulbs have a rubber O ring so that should have sealed out any moisture, or did the bulbs get really hot and cause the condensation inside, or is it just a Cruze issue?
I seem to remember suspecting these headlight might do this right after I got the car but today almost the whole headlight had condensation in them.
I think it would be nearly imposable to totally seal any aftermarket HID or LED with a dust cover from moisture, So I not quite sure there the issue here. I really like my LED lights and would hate to have to give them up to be able to use the original dust caps.
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I washed my 2018 Cruze last weekend & noticed some condensation on my left headlight.
BTW, what led bulbs did you put in & where did you get them?
Thanks
Anazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077B7GJ5J?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

These are pretty nice bulbs.Very bright

From reading there are vents in the lights so it's not the dust caps I think the problem is that the LED's dont fet hir enough to warm up the lenses so the housing gets hotter alowing the condensation .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up my 2018 LT Hatch and it rained today - I noticed that too.... wonder if it will go away or maybe there was a bad batch of headlights out there that are leaky

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think it's a manufacturer problem. I was at the dealer last week walking around the lot looking at new Cruze vehicles. We had rain here in Florida quite a bit in the last 3 weeks. I noticed a cruze with condensation inside the light assembly. Not a good way to start a relationship with a new soon to be Cruze owner. I'm wondering if it's with both sedan and hatchback models and specific to a model year only.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Like JB sez, turn on those 55W headlamp heaters for a while and it'll clear up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So it's not just mine doing it!!! I took some photos I was so surprised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts