Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove to Canada to visit family. When I parked In their driveway and shut the car off it said there was no remote detected. The car is a week old, I tried changing the battery in the remote and nothing... the car will start when I put the remote in the front cup holder and I can Lock and unlock the car with the Onstar app for the weekend. Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
692 Posts
There is a TSB for this. My 16 Gen 2 did this about a year ago when it was only 4 months old. I almost had the dealer tow it, but it finally worked after just playing with the remote. If you get it started, I would bring it to the dealer immediately and have the reprogram the remotes. This is a known issue. Since they reprogrammed mine, no issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, this happens to me quite a bit. Something I'm doing is confusing it...but that's my life story. To make it work again you have to get out of the car, lock it with the button on the door, then unlock it the same way, then get it and start it. Even the service guys at the dealership had no idea why this was happening, but so far, that's worked for me everytime. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
692 Posts
When you bring it in, mention the TSB in regards to the keys needing reprogramming. This should fix it, I have had no more issues

Hi, this happens to me quite a bit. Something I'm doing is confusing it...but that's my life story. To make it work again you have to get out of the car, lock it with the button on the door, then unlock it the same way, then get it and start it. Even the service guys at the dealership had no idea why this was happening, but so far, that's worked for me everytime. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this problem with my 2016 2nd Gen Cruze Premier. It happened when I remote started the car to warm it up. Went out to get in the car and the doors wouldn't unlock, door remote wouldn't unlock. Had to use the On Star App to open the door. Used On Star to shut the car off. Tried to regular start the car and it read no fob detected. put the keys in the cup holder, still nothing. Had to take my other car to work. That night the car started the normal way. Took it to the dealer with the TSB notice and they reprogrammed the computer. They said the TSB notice did not happen to my car. The car was good for about a month and it has happened again one more time. The next time it happens, right back to the dealer. I hate this BS modern technology.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The battery is fine. The lights go on when the fob is pushed. The car just won't recognize the fob. The dealer flashed the computer with an update and I can report that the problem has happened again after the update. Its seems to only happen when I remote start the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had the unrecognized key fob issue with my car. Tried this little trick and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There is a TSB for this. My 16 Gen 2 did this about a year ago when it was only 4 months old. I almost had the dealer tow it, but it finally worked after just playing with the remote. If you get it started, I would bring it to the dealer immediately and have the reprogram the remotes. This is a known issue. Since they reprogrammed mine, no issues
Can't you reprogram the remotes yourself, at home?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I didn't think about it at the time, but maybe. But I am not sure if that would have fixed the problem. There was a TSB, and I had an oil change to do, and it was already paid for, so I had the dealer fix it.
Reprogramming remotes is an easy procedure covered in the user manual. If there is some sort of computer update to apply to the car, that's a separate issue for the dealership to handle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked for me, thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you bring it in, mention the TSB in regards to the keys needing reprogramming. This should fix it, I have had no more issues
can you please explain this in detail im not understanding if the remote is not detected how on earth do i get out the car and press the button to lock and unlock whereas when the remote is not detected the button on the outside of the door doesnt work or are you saying to press the buttons inside the door ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you please explain this in detail im not understanding if the remote is not detected how on earth do i get out the car and press the button to lock and unlock whereas when the remote is not detected the button on the outside of the door doesnt work or are you saying to press the buttons inside the door ?
Yes please explain. I’m having this issue. The car won’t recognize the fob when outside the car either so I can’t use the button on the door.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts