Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the GM websight to check out the 2019 Cruze what a disappointment.
Sure there a new Grill like the current RS grill.
LED brake lights nice but that's where it ends
I have a 2028 LT With the RS, sight and sound,( includes sunroof, 8 inch my link screen color Driver information systrm) and convienance package.
Pricing out the 2019 if you want the Sight and sound that no longer includes the larger MyLink or Color DIS upgraded dash, you
CAN NOT GET THE RS PACKAGE!
Really GM? I can't get a sporty look and a sunroof. No manual tranny either. I'll stick with my 2018 and probably never by another Cruze again unless I can get both packages that I want

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,534 Posts
You'd think they're more likely to sell a loaded one with ALL of the packages rather than restricting you to a premium package without the sporty package.

That's exactly how mine was optioned out, and most of the other Premiers I've seen on lots around here. Seems like they are typically either ordered with all packages...or nothing at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd think they're more likely to sell a loaded one with ALL of the packages rather than restricting you to a premium package without the sporty package.

That's exactly how mine was optioned out, and most of the other Premiers I've seen on lots around here. Seems like they are typically either ordered with all packages...or nothing at all.
I know you can get both RS and Sight and sound on the Priemere but not on a LT .
Bad Move GM it's an econamy car but there up charging you.

·
17,534 Posts
I know you can get both RS and Sight and sound on the Priemere but not on a LT .
Bad Move GM it's an econamy car but there up charging you.

That move surprises me slightly less. They decontented the lower-trim 2015-2016 models with the facelift on the 1st gen as well. Dumb things like the leather-wrapped wheel that did make the lower models feel more premium in a class that was usually pretty cheap. I wish they'd just make the RS bodywork standard on the Gen 2. Not a fan of the new maw...looks like they're barking up the Lexus/Toyota fish-face tree. I do see the new Camaro SS in what they did with it...and I don't like it.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I think/hope that sedans will stay and GM doesn't go the way of Ford. IMO it would be a stupid move. I'd hate to have to by a Kia or such.

Most, if not ALL manufactures are slimming down on cars. In favor of AWD. But I agree. While I understand the need to manufacture what's actually selling. If gas keeps rising. People will want mileage more then luxory and convenience. Specially if the economy crashed. To which it will with all the tarriffs. Those extra taxes will be passed on to the consumer who will end up spending more if they really want the product.

A new Harley already went up $2,000 just this month.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think/hope that sedans will stay and GM doesn't go the way of Ford. IMO it would be a stupid move. I'd hate to have to by a Kia or such.

Imagine if GM stopped building them too,it would be the Japanese and Koreans for the most part. I think by Ford pulling out except for the Mustang,it will keep GM in the sedan world much longer. As will $4 gas when it happens again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Most, if not ALL manufactures are slimming down on cars. In favor of AWD. But I agree. While I understand the need to manufacture what's actually selling. If gas keeps rising. People will want mileage more then luxory and convenience. Specially if the economy crashed. To which it will with all the tarriffs. Those extra taxes will be passed on to the consumer who will end up spending more if they really want the product.

A new Harley already went up $2,000 just this month.
The Asian manufacturers aren't cutting back on sedans. And when it hits $4 again,those monster trucks and SUVs won't look quite as appealing,though they are getting better gas mileage than 10 years ago.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The Asian manufacturers aren't cutting back on sedans. And when it hits $4 again,those monster trucks and SUVs won't look quite as appealing,though they are getting better gas mileage than 10 years ago.
Honda already spoke. They're in the same boat.

Pay attention to the roads. If your state is anything like my state. Crossovers are becoming more while sedans are becoming less. Doesn't matter what brand.

I agree on the gas prices. But who knows.

There's also china developing an electric car that's supposed to be better then Tesla. Course, people are starting to say that Tesla won't be around in 10 years. If things don't change in upper management. As in Musk.

·
17,534 Posts
I think we'll see the Camry and Accord take over the ground they lost to the Fusion again. They're not going anywhere any time soon.

Hopefully GM keeps the Cruze and Malibu competitive despite falling sales, rather than just letting the two cars stagnate. Signs seem good so far - both have gone through a 2019 design refresh, though I don't especially like the Cruze's version, and the choice to switch the Malibu to a CVT.

If gas prices go up again, this time, I expect that sales of the overstyled potato-shaped subcompact SUVs with their miserably underpowered 120-150 HP gutless wonder engines (Renegade, HR-V, Trax, Encore, Crosstrek, C-HR, Ecosport) will soar. Will small hatchbacks and sedans make a resurgence? I don't know, but I hope so. The American companies have some **** good little cars and powertrains they can bring over from their European divisions. Well, except the Ecosport.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think we'll see the Camry and Accord take over the ground they lost to the Fusion again. They're not going anywhere any time soon.

Hopefully GM keeps the Cruze and Malibu competitive despite falling sales, rather than just letting the two cars stagnate. Signs seem good so far - both have gone through a 2019 design refresh, though I don't especially like the Cruze's version, and the choice to switch the Malibu to a CVT.

If gas prices go up again, this time, I expect that sales of the overstyled potato-shaped subcompact SUVs with their miserably underpowered 120-150 HP gutless wonder engines (Renegade, HR-V, Trax, Encore, Crosstrek, C-HR, Ecosport) will soar. Will small hatchbacks and sedans make a resurgence? I don't know, but I hope so. The American companies have some **** good little cars and powertrains they can bring over from their European divisions. Well, except the Ecosport.
I believe we've got the smallest vehicle with a diesel but I don't see the diesel staying available for more than 3 years in the Cruze. It may stay longer in the Equinox though. Diesels are coming to 2 Asian vehicles in MY 2019 and Mazda will finally get theirs in anything later in the MY. It was just approved by the EPA and CARB is close to approving it.
If Chevy announces no more diesels in the Cruze,I will buy whatever MY it is and pass mine along to my sister. The only other thing I'd consider is a Honda Insight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts