Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2019 Cruze Hatchback RS soon to be SS

1389 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Thebeefsupreme
So far I have removed all chrome, took apart emblems and painted, painted trim, tinted lights, lowered, wheels, BNR tune, BNR wastgate, BNR turbo actuator, Mishimoto intercooler, K&N intake, Borla exhaust, deleted resonator, Alpine head unit, JBL & Kicker amps/speakers. The Alpine head unit can be a real muther to get the factory functions working. The intercooler wasn't bad as long as you have the means to weld stainless steel, cut the pipe and crimp the ends. Also made a functional air scoop on the right side above the fog light. Gotta add the pics. Painted my engine cover just because. I have done all of this myself so if you have a GEN 2 cruze you know there's not a lot out there for these so I have made my own stuff. In the process of making a down pipe since none are available. If you have any questions about what I've done, i have no problem helping out if I can. I understand the pain of a Gen 2 owner.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Plant
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive air manifold
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Speedometer
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,181 Posts
So far I have removed all chrome, took apart emblems and painted, painted trim, tinted lights, lowered, wheels, BNR tune, BNR wastgate, BNR turbo actuator, Mishimoto intercooler, K&N intake, Borla exhaust, deleted resonator, Alpine head unit, JBL & Kicker amps/speakers. The Alpine head unit can be a real muther to get the factory functions working. The intercooler wasn't bad as long as you have the means to weld stainless steel, cut the pipe and crimp the ends. Also made a functional air scoop on the right side above the fog light. Gotta add the pics. Painted my engine cover just because. I have done all of this myself so if you have a GEN 2 cruze you know there's not a lot out there for these so I have made my own stuff. In the process of making a down pipe since none are available. If you have any questions about what I've done, i have no problem helping out if I can. I understand the pain of a Gen 2 owner. View attachment 298677 View attachment 298678 View attachment 298679 View attachment 298680 View attachment 298682
Good Start!

I am interested in seeing more about the air scoop. Also is the FIMIC made for the Cruze or did you have to modify it?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Start!

I am interested in seeing more about the air scoop. Also is the FIMIC made for the Cruze or did you have to modify it?
I used a universal kit, bought the gm bung and welded on a section to keep oem location mostly. MAP sensor is mounted to the oem intake. That's the biggest pain in the ass.

· COTM Winner
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
896 Posts
OEM INTERCOOLER not intake.
The itercooler has been replaced with the Mishimoto . The intake piping holds the MAP sensor and fimiliar with the issue as I went a similair route on my Gen 1 Cruze. Though I opted to go with aluminum piping . . Now I could be mistaken here and the Map is part of the OEM intake itself ..

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The itercooler has been replaced with the Mishimoto . The intake piping holds the MAP sensor and fimiliar with the issue as I went a similair route on my Gen 1 Cruze. Though I opted to go with aluminum piping . . Now I could be mistaken here and the Map is part of the OEM intake itself ..
Yeah, the MAP sensor is mounted to a bung on the drivers side of the intercooler. I used a piece of exhaust piping because I couldn't find a aluminum bung to weld on.
Foglights come on the RS trim
They are the stock RS fog lights that I painted the red trim and tinted the lens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts