Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

276HP Cruze confirmed for Aus

1442 8
All the rumors and unconfirmed reports of Holden's Aussie built cars eventually being replaced not by Chevy models, but Opel models has been officially confirmed.

That means we get the OPC models. =P

Holden adds Opel models : Astra hot-hatches and Insignia performance sedan confirmed alongside Cascada convertible | CarAdvice

This includes the:
-2.0T 276HP Astra OPC
-2.8T 320HP AWD Insignia OPC

Personally the Insignia OPC is the exact type of car that I'm after when I sell the Cruze. Shame that it's the most hideous looking car out there. =(
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree the Insignia OPC is an awesome car and somthing greatly lacking in the Aussie market. And yes it must be the most but ugly car on the market right now.
I also think at $60k they are a bit steep. Out of my budget when I replace the Crzue.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree the Insignia OPC is an awesome car and somthing greatly lacking in the Aussie market. And yes it must be the most but ugly car on the market right now.
I also think at $60k they are a bit steep. Out of my budget when I replace the Crzue.
Price-wise considering that the SS-V is now under 50k, I think that they'd be hard pressed to price this beyond 50k.

Also the only car that fills this niche is the Subaru Liberty GT Premium which is 56.5k and the discontinued Mazda 6 MPS which was 54.6k. Holden generally price their vehicles a bit cheaper than the competition.

Also a similar car that I'm looking at from the premium sector is the new Audi S3 sedan due to go on sale this month. At an estimated 65k with better quality and refinement, far more features and an Audi badge, I think it deserves a solid premium over this car.

So anything near 60k will be a laugh, hopefully more like 50k (and that's if they've fixed the aesthetics), though mid-50's woudln't surprise me.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
That's Nice Nathan of Australia ! But a bit pricey.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's Nice Nathan of Australia ! But a bit pricey.
It would be almost half that price in the US. Our cost of living along with wages and property etc is a lot higher here, cars are no exception.

Everyone rages when new cars from the US or Europe come out here as the price is often doubled. Even after currency conversion there are massive gaps of well over 50%.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
174 Posts
Okay after google searching images it looks to be the sane car as the Buick Regal GS with different badging and better wheels IMO. The regal GS comes with a 2.0 turbo with I think 272hp in 2013 in North America. Apparently every car available in Australian and North American markets. We always get the shaft on higher hp options!
And how do you think that's ugly? A regal GS is my realistic dream Gm.!!

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose it looks remotely similar to your Cadillac which might explain why you like the looks more.
Just looks bland and round. No style, no lines, no aggression, no character. Reminds me of a Proton: Blaghhh.

The top model will have a turbo 2.8L V6, not the turbo 2.0L |4 from the lower models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.