Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

#29400: Special Coverage Adjustment - Diesel Emission Fluid Tank Reservoir

24753 Views 20 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  sailurman
New Special Coverage on the emission reduction fluid tank reservoir due to the issues with the heater elements. Looks like GM is moving through the emissions system piece by piece...... (Note: This also applies to the 6.6L Duramax Express, Savana, Silverado, and Sierra.)
Text Font Line Number
Text Font Line Design Document
Text Font Line Document
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've had mine replaced once already. Does this coverage usually mean they fixed the problem and now have a new part to replace the old one or they're just offering to keep replacing it until the special coverage ends?
It can mean either. I had mine done a few months back and the part number is the same. It is believed that they did revise the reservoir at some point late last year early this year but I cannot confirm that.
Diesel its worth a shot, but it is a long stretch due to your milage.

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
God dammit, seriously? So the recall replaced 2 of the 3 sensors that are bad, and then this covers the DEF reservoir...so literally all that **** I went through in the summer was a waste.

Does this mean I should get a full refund for everything we paid for (O2, NOx#1, DEF Reservoir)?

The only thing not covered, that we "paid" for was the NOx#2 sensor, and they just cleared the code instead of replacing it.
You should be eligible for reimbursement for the NOX 1 and the reservoir (as long as your car was in the mileage range covered at time of replacement.) The HO2S is a stretch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.