Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2lt using phone gps

2122 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Merc6
Does anyone know got to get their car to use the phone gps? Is there an app. The only way I know so far is the onstar app, with directions and connections, which my trial just ended :)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
909 Posts
For the iPhone. I use Waze. Once you set your route and have it connected by BT or USB. The app will announce the waypoints and turn by turn through the head unit. Works pretty well. If you buy a windshield mount and locate it over the storage compartment, it may be the best solution.

· Premium Member
909 Posts
Why don't you just use Google Maps....I think it's now called Google Drive? Not sure, I haven't had a Droid in a couple of years now.

Just checked - Waze is available for Android.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't you just use Google Maps....I think it's now called Google Drive? Not sure, I haven't had a Droid in a couple of years now.

Just checked - Waze is available for Android.
I tried waze, is just like Google maps. Maybe I should rephrase my question, how do you get the audio to cone up for gps utilizing your phone for the gps, and still listen to satellite radio?

· Premium Member
909 Posts
I tried waze, is just like Google maps. Maybe I should rephrase my question, how do you get the audio to cone up for gps utilizing your phone for the gps, and still listen to satellite radio?
This is where it get's weird. If you want it to work, the phone needs to be connected VIA BT and NOT plugged into the USB port. It seems (at least for me) when I'm plugged in, BT functionality get's sent to a lower priority level.

It does work, however what will happen, when there's an update, the Mylink will switch over to the phone screen as you were making a phone call versus just passing the audio through. So if you're on a route with a lot of turns, you may go into an epileptic seizure watching the screen refresh.

10,589 Posts
I'll try that and see if it works for my car. Pretty neat either way
Nope, let it go. Laminated windshields produce multiple images try getting a free app and cling on tint before you buy this.

Sent from my iFail 5s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.