2nd Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet 2014
This will be the official thread for the 2014 National Lordstown Meet. By now, you should know what this entails. The meet will consist of two tours of the Lordstown Manufacturing wing and the Assembly wing of the plant. This thread will remain closed until a date has been set.
Subscribe for Updates!!!
If you are interested in attending the Lordstown meet, I strongly recommend that you subscribe to this thread to receive all updates. I do not want a repeat of last year, where I had to hunt people down to figure out if they are still going or not. To subscribe, click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then "Subscribe to this Thread."
I recommend joining our Facebook group to engage in additional discussions.
Date and Time
The meet will be held on Friday May 2nd, 2014. We are meeting at the Ice House Inn. Be there no later than 8:00!!!
Ice House Inn
5516 W. Webb Rd.
Austintown, OH 44515
For anyone interested in bringing their kid(s) along, the minimum age for entering the plant is 10.
What to Bring
The meet and the tour are free, but if you're trying to figure out what to budget for the meet and what else to bring, here's a list:
- Money for Food the night before the meet, the night of the meet, and if you are staying, the night after the meet
- Depending on the date, some of us may go to the drag strip to race our Cruzes on Saturday. Cost is $25 per car to race, $10 to spectate.
- Money for dogtags. Terry and Logan are making them this year and they will probably be somewhere around $3-$5 each, if you want them.
- Money for tolls. Some of the driving to the plant will likely be on the turnpike, so bring some extra cash for that.
- Money for a car wash. It's a car meet; you'll want those bugs off your front end and your car looking presentable.
- Money for the plant gift store, if you want anything.
- Bottled water. The manufacturing part of the tour will be warm and you will want to stay hydrated.
- Comfortable, flat-bottomed, closed-toed shoes. They are required in both of the plants and you will do a bit of walking.
- Long-sleeved shirt/jacket and long pants. You will not be allowed in the manufacturing plant if you are wearing shorts or a short-sleeved shirt.
- A printed map from the hotel to the Lordstown plant, a GPS, or a GPS-enabled smartphone.
- My phone number in your phone. I will send this out in a mass e-mail before the meet.
XtremeRevolution + 2
obermd + 1
Tomko + 1
Ashley Nicole (From FB) + 1
KOBALT + 1
WhiteAndBright + 1
tlucas + 3
jblackburn + 1
AutumnCruzeRS + 1
jnoobs + 1
UlyssesSG + 1
Sid1991 + 1
Blue Angel (Maybe)
JankoCruze + 1
Qball + 1
minihorse927 + 1
kobowm + 1
oilburner + 1
2012LTZPRETTYLIGHTBLUE + 1
bloberg19 + 1
FlintCruze + 1
CHEVYCRUZE RS + 3
vipbryan + 2
alpha19er + 1
nybble + 1
texascruise + 1
dantheman31901 + 1
ehousel + 2
Andy Quade (from FB)
20cruze11 + 1
cmarshLTZ + 1
Rules and Disclaimers
Since there are more people going than there were last year, this section has become necessary. Consider this the "fine print." This will probably not apply to anyone, but I'm including it to cover my ass.
- We are adults, so at the meet, act like an adult. This wasn't a problem last year, but I feel that it is worth mentioning. Do not pick a fight with someone, do not pull a stupid stunt that gets you and/or someone else in trouble, etc. Use some sense and it will be an awesome meet.
- The CruzeTalk staff reserves the right to remove you from the list. Since we will likely have a limited number of slots due to tour size limitations (we split up the group in two last time even), do not be that guy who shows up uninvited. If you are banned from CruzeTalk, you aren't getting a slot. If were banned or received an infraction in the last 3 months, you may not be given a slot. I don't expect this to be a problem, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless.
- When we travel from the hotel to the plant and anywhere else we go as a group, please don't be "that guy" who gets himself lost by going the wrong way. Do not try to race on the highway, do not get "out of formation" unless you are a designated photographer. I'm not trying to be a hard ass here, but with a group of 40 cars, it will all be a lot easier if we all stick together, and the pictures and videos will turn out a lot better if we all stick to the same formation. While traveling, we will have our hazard lights on so we know where we are. We will designate one driver up front and one driver in the back, who will be communicating to make sure we have everyone together.
- Slots are first come, first serve. You will be required to respond to roll calls in a timely fashion to keep your slot. Due to the high interest in this meet, we will most likely not have any reserve slots available.