Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Administrator
15,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd Annual CruzeTalk Lordstown Meet 2014

This will be the official thread for the 2014 National Lordstown Meet. By now, you should know what this entails. The meet will consist of two tours of the Lordstown Manufacturing wing and the Assembly wing of the plant. This thread will remain closed until a date has been set.

Subscribe for Updates!!!
If you are interested in attending the Lordstown meet, I strongly recommend that you subscribe to this thread to receive all updates. I do not want a repeat of last year, where I had to hunt people down to figure out if they are still going or not. To subscribe, click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then "Subscribe to this Thread."

I recommend joining our Facebook group to engage in additional discussions.

Date and Time
The meet will be held on Friday May 2nd, 2014. We are meeting at the Ice House Inn. Be there no later than 8:00!!!

Ice House Inn
5516 W. Webb Rd.
Austintown, OH 44515

Age Limit
For anyone interested in bringing their kid(s) along, the minimum age for entering the plant is 10.

What to Bring
The meet and the tour are free, but if you're trying to figure out what to budget for the meet and what else to bring, here's a list:

• Money for Food the night before the meet, the night of the meet, and if you are staying, the night after the meet
  • Depending on the date, some of us may go to the drag strip to race our Cruzes on Saturday. Cost is $25 per car to race, $10 to spectate.
  • Money for dogtags. Terry and Logan are making them this year and they will probably be somewhere around $3-$5 each, if you want them.
  • Money for tolls. Some of the driving to the plant will likely be on the turnpike, so bring some extra cash for that.
  • Money for a car wash. It's a car meet; you'll want those bugs off your front end and your car looking presentable.
  • Money for the plant gift store, if you want anything.
  • Bottled water. The manufacturing part of the tour will be warm and you will want to stay hydrated.
  • Comfortable, flat-bottomed, closed-toed shoes. They are required in both of the plants and you will do a bit of walking.
  • Long-sleeved shirt/jacket and long pants. You will not be allowed in the manufacturing plant if you are wearing shorts or a short-sleeved shirt.
  • A printed map from the hotel to the Lordstown plant, a GPS, or a GPS-enabled smartphone.
  • My phone number in your phone. I will send this out in a mass e-mail before the meet.
Planned Attendees: 95
XtremeRevolution + 2
tecollins1
obermd + 1
Tomko + 1
H3LLON3ARTH
Agent_Orange
Ashley Nicole (From FB) + 1
Sunline Fan
jandree22
blk88verde
XtremeAaron
NYCruze2012
RollinOn18s
KOBALT + 1
WhiteAndBright + 1
tlucas + 3
blackbowtie
jblackburn + 1
zeoalex
Robby
CRUISE-CRUZE +1
kfr291
ericpj
AutumnCruzeRS + 1
Diesel Dan
EcoDave
jnoobs + 1
UlyssesSG + 1
Merc6
Sid1991 + 1
Blue Angel (Maybe)
JankoCruze + 1
Qball + 1
minihorse927 + 1
kobowm + 1
AMDATIABIT
oilburner + 1
ErikBEggs
HarleyGTP
2012LTZPRETTYLIGHTBLUE + 1
bloberg19 + 1
hificruzer226
NYCruze2012
FlintCruze + 1
OnlyTaurus
Nike12000
CHEVYCRUZE RS + 3
vipbryan + 2
alpha19er + 1
nybble + 1
texascruise + 1
dantheman31901 + 1
ehousel + 2
Andy Quade (from FB)
20cruze11 + 1
cmarshLTZ + 1

Rules and Disclaimers
Since there are more people going than there were last year, this section has become necessary. Consider this the "fine print." This will probably not apply to anyone, but I'm including it to cover my ass.

1. We are adults, so at the meet, act like an adult. This wasn't a problem last year, but I feel that it is worth mentioning. Do not pick a fight with someone, do not pull a stupid stunt that gets you and/or someone else in trouble, etc. Use some sense and it will be an awesome meet.
  2. The CruzeTalk staff reserves the right to remove you from the list. Since we will likely have a limited number of slots due to tour size limitations (we split up the group in two last time even), do not be that guy who shows up uninvited. If you are banned from CruzeTalk, you aren't getting a slot. If were banned or received an infraction in the last 3 months, you may not be given a slot. I don't expect this to be a problem, but it is worth mentioning nonetheless.
  3. When we travel from the hotel to the plant and anywhere else we go as a group, please don't be "that guy" who gets himself lost by going the wrong way. Do not try to race on the highway, do not get "out of formation" unless you are a designated photographer. I'm not trying to be a hard ass here, but with a group of 40 cars, it will all be a lot easier if we all stick together, and the pictures and videos will turn out a lot better if we all stick to the same formation. While traveling, we will have our hazard lights on so we know where we are. We will designate one driver up front and one driver in the back, who will be communicating to make sure we have everyone together.
  4. Slots are first come, first serve. You will be required to respond to roll calls in a timely fashion to keep your slot. Due to the high interest in this meet, we will most likely not have any reserve slots available.

·
Administrator
15,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Date has been set! Friday, May 2nd, 2014. Thread has been opened for discussion.

Respond to this thread stating if you are planning on attending. I know many people are interested, but I don't want to put people down who may not actually show up. If you know you'll probably not make it or are not sure if you can take the day off, please make plans ahead of time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I definitely plan on attending. I should have no problems taking off work, especially knowing this far in advance. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
Sign me up I'll be there again

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3.
Which is bigger than my hand.

·
Super Moderator
7,679 Posts

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
I just put in for my time off. Sign me up.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,415 Posts
I'm most definitely in!

Just my loner self and epic beard.

The bigger question is, are y'all ready for me?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I'm in.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I am also planning on attending! Last year's meet was absolutely amazing!

Sent from my last surviving brain cell

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I am in and possibly the better half will be with me also..

Andrei I will send you a pm if my head count changes..

This extraordinary insight brought to you from the confines of my iPhone..

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I'm most definitely in!

Just my loner self and epic beard.

The bigger question is, are y'all ready for me?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm ready to see this gnarly beard in person..

"There are two type of people in this world: woman, and men with beards".. Lol

This extraordinary insight brought to you from the confines of my iPhone..

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I'm am in like flin. Shortest drive by a long shot.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Hey Andrei, I plan on attending this year meet along with my wife! I will certainly be putting in for the appropriate dates off. If anything changes I will keep you posted but put us down on the "coming" list please!

1 - 20 of 484 Posts
About this Discussion
483 Replies
76 Participants
Robby
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing