Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Blue granite metallic 2012 6 speed manual turbocharged Chevy Cruze 1LT, RS body kit
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I leased a silver 2012 turbocharged 6 speed manual Chevy Cruze LT w/ 1LT and had it for a couple years til about 2015 or 2016 or so and I LOVED IT and have missed it so much, that I recently purchased outright another one. It's that gorgeous smokey grey blue, but this one has the upgraded pioneer sound system w/the amp in the dash in place of the storage thing AND it's got a moonroof! I'm in heaven. I'ma attach what I did right after I brought my baby home. Painted the trim and installed the new 10.4 inch Tesla style Android 10 touchscreen stereo system myself too. Whatchy'all think? I'm still not done with these types of upgrades, gonna get the speaker rings next, but so far so good, yea?
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Steering part
Car Speedometer Vehicle Plant Gauge
Car Vehicle Light Steering part Automotive lighting
Car Speedometer Automotive design Gauge Vehicle

·
Registered
Blue granite metallic 2012 6 speed manual turbocharged Chevy Cruze 1LT, RS body kit
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

i forgot to add pics of the exterior lmao. RS package w/ 1LT, pioneer sound system and moonroof.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,767 Posts
Looks clean, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Leeseyehrl1133

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what to say other than....
Can you give me a bid a to do my car in Elkhart Lake Blue.:cool:
I'd LOVE to lol. I'm always looking for a new creative challenge to master. Doing anything with cars is a fresh one for me. Only other thing I've done before this was install the entire replacement drivers side headlight assembly on my 2015 Corolla, so this has already been SO much fun

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks clean, welcome to the forum!
Thank you! This may be my first time posting and I just joined today, but I found this site months ago and alla y'alls posts and threads have really helped me figure out tons of **** I wanna get done with my Cruze, so, I naturally had to go ahead and join the club 😜

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
847 Posts
Thank you! This may be my first time posting and I just joined today, but I found this site months ago and alla y'alls posts and threads have really helped me figure out tons of **** I wanna get done with my Cruze, so, I naturally had to go ahead and join the club 😜
Awesome and glad to have ya.. looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome and glad to have ya.. looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress.
Thank ya much! I'm glad to be apart of this finally. So who's got backup cam installation and threading through front to trunk tips for me? Lol. That's also part of phase 2 😁

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I dont have any knowledge in that department hopefully someone will pipe in or maybe a DIY thread for it ???

like this one ??

Backup Cam DIY

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont have any knowledge in that department hopefully someone will pipe in or maybe a DIY thread for it ???

like this one ??

Backup Cam DIY
Thanks man. I was gonna search up what all threads on backup cams had been started here sometime soon and go from there. It's really just how I'd hide the wires into the trim that's got me pausing before I start it. Gotta make sure I know how and where

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
Welcome I know what you mean about liking the car!!! I joined after buying my 2011 LT and now on #8 just never had time to make mine "pretty" Any plans besides back up cam? Tuning etc. I see you have floor liners!
I started with the 2011 when they first came out because I could buy with a manual I could go on but now have 2 2016s a LT and RS like yours but auto. If you have any questions let us know!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I've got PLENTY of plans that'll be put into place, I can't seem to stop researching cool accessories, upgrades, fixes I might need in the future and how to get it done yourself. Next technological upgrade other than added the Cam I already have will either be upgrading the speakers (I'm an audiophile/music junkie, my 200 gb's of music on my SD card can't be blasted loud enough for long enough and I'm already close to or just did blow out a speaker or two lol), or getting myself a heads up speedometer display, so my speeds displayed on the windshield, you know? I just ordered myself a second uncut key fob shell to replace the one that came with this car cuz the buttons came worn all to hell, and I never handed over the key for my original Cruze back in 2015 so, I'm gonna recut the key and reprogram it for a handy spare. And these are just my baby steps forward, I got plans aplenty lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm wanting to look into performance enhancing and fuel economy tuning chips and other things like that, see exactly what their worth is and what I'd get to play around with on them

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,234 Posts
I'm wanting to look into performance enhancing and fuel economy tuning chips and other things like that, see exactly what their worth is and what I'd get to play around with on them
The chips are a waste of money and do nothing. An actual tune, however, is a good purchase.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Tune by one of the tuning companies or if you are able to do it yourself HP tuners. Depends on what all you plan on doing to the car. My recomendation would be to start with a base stock tune, and plan out the mods you are going to do ..

4 Tuning Companies I am aware of Vermont Tuning, ZZP, Trifecta, BNR. I advise researching info on your tuner to be sure its what your looking for .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The chips are a waste of money and do nothing. An actual tune, however, is a good purchase.
Ok I'm glad I mentioned that then. I've really no knowledge on cars besides what I've been gathering this last year, so this is all still brand new to me, and fully owning one of my dream cars that I can REALLY play with is like, opening new worlds for me that in diving headfirst into exploring. This Cruze was VERY well taken care of before I got it, which is great cuz I bought it with about 175,000 miles on it. The previous owner kept hella up on maintenance. What suggestions do you have for a car with this high of miles? And when it gets to be that time, is it an engine swap that would technically drop those miles off? Like, it'd be considered the car had so and so hundred thousand but the ENGINE has only 10 now blah blah? Cuz I'm keeping this car forever, if I can, lol, the high mileage is a concern.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
you can change the engine or have rebuilt or if you have someone knowledgeable in the process they could show you how to rebuild, mileage / age are considerations for the mechanical components inside the motor such as rings, bearings.. all mechanical things wear out eventually some just last longer than others.. pick up a Haynes manual they are typically decent walk through on various component changes if you are looking to learn to work on it your self

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been planning on buying both the Haynes manual and the Chilton too actually! 😊 Not sure what the difference is between the two, but I think I've seen more people talking up the Haynes as being more specific on the vehicle and on precise instructions of fixes and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts