Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a 2016 Cruze LT/RS with the heated seats and the manual climate control. I would like to know if it is possible to swap the manual climate control for the auto climate control and will it work? Maybe with a Tech 2 update after the swap? I am seeing used units in the $50-60 range so it would be a nice little upgrade if would work. The plugs on the rear of the units look to be the same connector/pin configuration. Maybe there is more here than meets the eye, but I was just wondering since I am seeing some of the 2019 model LTs have the auto climate control.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where do you see them going for 50-60? I would say try it (be the guinea pig) and let us know if it works because that sounds pretty cheap for it to work. Depending on where you buy it are you able to return it also?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have also been wondering about this swap. If it would work and what it would take to make it happen?

It may be worth it to take a gamble for $50 and see if it works when you plug it in...

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Forget it. You need the control unit, several sensors / modules on the heater box, wiring, BCM reflash + other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, you can't just reflash your bcm and enable that feature. You have to have a VIN that has the exact options your car has PLUS auto HVAC to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Forget it. You need the control unit, several sensors / modules on the heater box, wiring, BCM reflash + other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, you can't just reflash your bcm and enable that feature. You have to have a VIN that has the exact options your car has PLUS auto HVAC to work.
Well I'm glad for the info even though it's a big let down that it won't be that easy to change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I figured it probably wasn't going to work that easy. Nothing does on these newer cars. As for the price of the climate control unit, I found several used ones on eBay for $50-60.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts